Steelbeasts Gold on Windows7

jens198

Hi folks,

might sound a little odd, but I'm trying to install Steelbeasts Gold on my Windows7 machine. First problem I ran into, was that the application wouldn't start because a "d3dm.cll" wasn't found. Well, I searched for the file, placed it into the SB folder and SB started up fine.

Problem now: All menus and 2D graphics work fine, but no 3D graphics. Only a black where you're supposed to see the landscape.

Any ideas?

Jens

You need to install the Direct X package that is shipped on the disc..

Don't panic modern windows builds are designed to run concurrent 'compatibility' modes. You might also need to run the program in 640x480 and 256 colour mode and Win98 or NT4 mode from the compatibility tab (if that still exists, or the closest equivalent).

Of course there is a minor risk that it no longer works, but my guess is resolution and colour depth, mixed with incorrect DX methods.

I have the SB Gold Edition CD and it seems like this one came without any DirectX redistributable. Tried to download DirectX7.0a but if I try to install it, Win7 tells me I can't install this version of DirectX with Windows7.

Even tried the various compatibilty settings but with no joy so far.

Can anyone confirm SB Gold running on Windows7/Vista (32bit)?

Thanks

Jens