Have route macros been suggested yet?

MarkShot

While looking at routes and conditions, it seems that there are going to be certain common constructs that repeat in play fairly regularly. It would be nice to have macros which could be defined by the player individually in a directory or even directory/sub-directory structure.

Thus, a player could design and save macro routes/conditions for later use ... macros could even be exchanged between players.

This would work similar to the copy route chain and paste function. You would have save route chain as a macro and then past macro. The only thing you would need to add I see:

* Ability to add vertices to route chains to adapt a macro.

* Some highlight feature which might indicate that the loaded macro uses name units and might be out of sync with the current OOB.

Since around 2000, I have thought that SB has one of the best scripting engines. I think a macro capability would elevate the semantics of planning. Furthermore, it might be a nice touch for non-tech users who think more at the military level than the computer programming level.

Comments?

• Members

It's an interesting idea, but I can't say how easy it would be to implement it. What I do know is that if it isn't trivial (and I don't think it is, I can already think of a number of unforseen complications) we can't add it to the development schedule in the next nine months.

If however there is a strong demand for it - you may want to whip public opinion - maybe we'd give it a higher priority.