Wouhou... finally received SB Pro PE

Deathwing

Thanks all... I'll first try and get the hang of it by going through the tutorial and maybe in 2 to 5 years, I'll be ready for MP! lol...
Well, give yourself 2 weeks of tutorials and you could lead a section in MP! Welcome!

I recommend you start with the M2 tutorials so you can learn the "iron sights and Kentucky windage" method. Laser range finder but no dynamic lead requires you to really understand what your FCSs in other vehicles are doing. Once that's done, move on to the M1 and Leo2, in whichever order you want. After that, try the CV90 tutorials. Though the CV90 FCS is tricky to learn at first, once you learn it, it's the easiest FCS to use in the sim, hands down. If used properly, you can even kill tanks. At the bottom of this post is a set of AARs, showing the places to aim at different tanks to kill them with a CV90 at 700 meters. You can treat Leo 2s and Strv 122s as the same when it comes to targeting.*

From there, go through the other tutorials in any way you like, and make sure you learn how to handle vehicles like the M88 ARV and Biber. Keep your skills sharp on the Tank Range, as not all vehicles have tutorials. For MP, first grab TeamSpeak: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Make sure you download the Windows client, get a mike, and hop on. It's so easy to use it makes Mac OS X look like something Jobs scribbled on a napkin while drunk.

Make sure you take a section lead in a platoon someone else is leading. Platoon lead tanks always begin with a 1, i.e. 1/2 A. Section lead tanks begin with a 4, i.e. 4/2 A. Individual tanks under them have 2s and 3s.

In battle, remember to ALWAYS keep your frontal armor to the enemy. If you don't, you end up like Mog's M1 on the first OP VARIABLE episode to run on 2.46. Translation: you'll end up dead. And possibly be killed by a CV90. Listen to what your leaders have to say, and follow this etiquette on TS: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php/Planning_Phase#Planning_Phase_Etiquette_.28multiplayer.29

Do all that, and you'll be on your way!

*This post and attached zip file were not meant to inflame, but if certain members feel that they have to derail this thread because it conflicts with their idea of reality, your actions will speak for themselves to the new guy here.

CV90UltimateProof_zip.38cd4c7e44e258578c

CV90UltimateProof.zip

Hello, Deathwing,

Welcome to SB. Have a great time getting spooled up, and join us on TGIF as soon as you feel comfortable. Or even BEFORE you feel comfortable: lots of members to help you out, and it's a great way to learn and get your feet wet!

I suggest that, the first time you join a TGIF, come early, at least 30 minutes in advance. That way you can be helped along by experienced members with the scenario access and setup procedures.

Good Luck!

• Moderators

In battle, remember to ALWAYS keep your frontal armor to the enemy. If you don't, you end up like Mog's M1 on the first OP VARIABLE episode to run on 2.46. Translation: you'll end up dead. And possibly be killed by a CV90...

Oh, dear god, PLEASE STOP THE INSANITY.

And please, stop posting this stuff and saying that "if you say something about it then it is your fault that you derailed the thread" (paraphrased). This nonsense has got to stop. It is as if you walk into a room and slap someone in the face, then proclaim to everyone in the room that if something is done about it then they are responsible for it and that you are the victim. This doesn't work in real life, and it sure as heck doesn't fly here.

I saw this coming! xD

Oh, dear god, PLEASE STOP THE INSANITY.

And please, stop posting this stuff and saying that "if you say something about it then it is your fault that you derailed the thread" (paraphrased). This nonsense has got to stop. It is as if you walk into a room and slap someone in the face, then proclaim to everyone in the room that if something is done about it then they are responsible for it and that you are the victim. This doesn't work in real life, and it sure as heck doesn't fly here.

Posted by Volcano

And please, stop posting this stuff and saying that "if you say something about it then it is your fault that you derailed the thread" (paraphrased).

Just another attempt by you to make me a scapegoat. What I said was this: This post and attached zip file were not meant to inflame, but if certain members feel that they have to derail this thread because it conflicts with their idea of reality, your actions will speak for themselves to the new guy here.

It was to say that if people like YOU derailed the thread, the new guy would see who the assholes were. And he certainly has.

Deathwing, I'm sorry he ruined this thread, but I don't have control over him.

There appears to be a bug with user 3461's grasp of reality.

It is excessively slow to recognise when it is about to be taken under fire, takes inappropriate action under fire, often manoeuvring in the open using weak responses and firing wildly.

It appears to be suicidal when warning shots are fired.

It doesn't exhibit the correct behaviour when given hold fire and 'stay' orders, instead careering across the forum firing wildly.

Way to make an impression guys!

You know, it's been my experience that people who make a lot of noise are usually just looking for attention. Giving it to them doesn't solve the problem. The person must learn through consistent, repeated behavior that attacks will not be dignified with a response.

ChuikovChambered,

Last and FINAL warning. The next time you start up one of your rants, you will be permanently banned. You have been given numerous opportunities to alter your behavior on these forums and ultimately have failed to do so. It's always the same noise.

Posted by mpow66m

this forum used to be so no bullshit back in the day,what the hell happened?sadly it will only get worse with SB2,as it is opened up to the mainstream.

Given I was putting up with this since the first day I was here, this forum turning to BS happened long before I came here.
Posted By SeanPatrick

Way to make an impression guys!

I agree, which is why I'm leaving this place for good, but not without some final observations Lieste style:

User#125's behavior is erratic. It sporadically causes trouble and tries to stick the blame on its victim. However, given the other valuable contributions it has made to the forum, it should be kept, but not without some serious modifications designed to improve its sense of ethics.

There is a serious malfunction with user#1030. It rarely contributes anything of use to the environment and knowledge of the forums and instead dedicates its existence to tracking down people it thinks are trolls, invariably failing to do so and targeting the wrong persons.

Its access should be denied while troubleshooting is carried out.

Goodbye.

You say yes, I say no.

You say stop and I say go go go, oh no.

You say goodbye and I say hello

Hello hello

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello

Hello hello

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello.

I say high, you say low.

You say why and I say I don't know, oh no.

You say goodbye and I say hello

(Hello Goodbye Hello Goodbye) hello hello

(Hello Goodbye) I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello

(Hello Goodbye Hello Goodbye) hello hello

(Hello Goodbye) I don't know why you say goodbye

(Hello Goodbye) I say hello

Why why why why why why do you say goodbye goodbye, oh no?

Banned!