Wouhou... finally received SB Pro PE

Deathwing

As the sun broke from it slumber and began its slow ascension into the sky, little did I know that today was the long anticipated day of days. Hoping, wondering, anticipating when it would come, until hope was almost lost. This day, unlike those before, has brought great revelry in its heralded arrival. Alas, a tear has been brought to my eye, and it is filled with joy...

swyu035327yu.gif

Alrighty then,,,,,,,now what? ;)

I'm working on learning this sim for about the 5th time now, I really want to make a go of it. I've managed to get into the 80's at the tank range in the M1 and also can move my way around the map, Beach's first 2 AAR's helped.

I've also downloaded Teamspeak so I think I'm on my way!

Is it too soon to join the Friday night activities or is that the way to go to learn more and really get into this sim?

Thanks

Nope, its not too early. Come on over and join the Fri game. If you arrive about 30 or so min early, you can check your ability to connect to a game, and hopefully someone smart is around to help settle any issues before game time.

Dont worry about whether or not your a "good enough" player to join, MP is the best teacher there is. Hope to see you there.

Mog

Welcome to the fourm Deathwing, no toga required. There is a group of gents here who may be considered extra ordinary in terms of play skill with the Sim. Whenyou are comfortable enough with SB get online and have fun fucking up. In regards to CC, I 'm sure he will be back in a new viral strain. Salute.

Now, just need to install it! :-)

Well, I'm bored over here. I have ordered the SB Pro PE 'bout 5 days ago. Loooong days. Waiting... Just out of curiosity, Deathwing, how many days from ordering did you package arrive? I know it doesn't mean anything, but...

... back to waiting ...

The irony of the CC thing is: I get a slap on the wrist from a mod here for telling like it is regarding CC's effect on this community and now, well... I guess the disease is cleansed. Funny how disease alters us...

But, in any case, back to the topic: I would encourage you new guys to drop by the TeamSpeak server. If you see me, drop into the room I'm in and say:

"Hi, I'm new, do you have time to set up a multiplayer session and show me the ropes?"

I promise to conclude what I'm doing as soon as I'm able and help you out. Seriously, I am happy to see new blood arrive to revitalize the MP community. Don't be scared of getting into MP right away, it remains one of the best ways to progress your skills. :biggrin:

The irony of the CC thing is: I get a slap on the wrist from a mod here for telling like it is regarding CC's effect on this community and now, well... I guess the disease is cleansed. Funny how disease alters us...

But, in any case, back to the topic: I would encourage you new guys to drop by the TeamSpeak server. If you see me, drop into the room I'm in and say:

"Hi, I'm new, do you have time to set up a multiplayer session and show me the ropes?"

I promise to conclude what I'm doing as soon as I'm able and help you out. Seriously, I am happy to see new blood arrive to revitalize the MP community. Don't be scared of getting into MP right away, it remains one of the best ways to progress your skills. :biggrin:

What he said.

Mog

Usually by dying, lots.

But that the beauty of being a Virtual Tanker.

Oh, boy! Check this! I got today a note from the post-office saying that a package has arrived for me. There is only one thing that this package can be, the SB Pro PE so I rushed to get it. Only to face an unthinkable situation. They said, they have it, but they actually don't (yes, weird) and so I have to come back tomorrow because the mail man is searching for me with the package and they don't know where he is at the moment...:confused:

So, tomorrow early morning I have a mission. I wonder what will come up now. :cul: :mad:

Edit: I feel I will soon get emotionally disturbed... friendly fire warning...

After a "Good morning" and a "thank you" I got mine too. 10 days. It runs incredibly smooth. Getting kills never felt so rewarding... I'm in the process of choosing my preferred platform. Hard choice, since every machine feels unique and inviting.

Call me fubar but I really dig that 2A6 the Spaniards rip around in. Bonus; German Sabot!!