How to bring SB1 Scenarios into Pro PE....

Sean

• Administrators

1. Copy the file into the my scenarios folder.

C:\documents and settings\username\my documents\steel beasts\my scenarios.

2. Follow the directions in this video to extract the terrain map, apply a new theme, remove the ditches, and add bridges.

http://www.steelbeasts.com/index.php?categoryid=5&p13_sectionid=26&p13_fileid=663

The only thing I left out is removing the ditches. Dont forget that.

Its a self executing video.

3. Check your prescripted routes. Make sure that bridge crossings are organized, and the tanks/vehs have enough room to straighten themselves out for the crossings. Otherwise they will drown themselves.

4. Scoring - scoring will have to be redone, the system has changed completely.

• Administrators

Al or ssnake know, but I cant remember. There is some technical explanation about the ditches using up too much video ram or something. Take them out, or you will end up with a tank roller coaster. :-)

• Administrators

I havent tried bringing over the plain terrain map, I always do it this way and extract it from a scenario. You can try moving the RAW file into the terrain map folders, opening it in the map editor, and saving it as a .ter file after applying a theme.

• 3 weeks later...

I just went to SB and copied the .sce file for Canadian Frost, then I pasted it into the My Documents/eSim Games/Steel Beasts/My Scenarios folder. Canadian Frost appeared on the Pro PE "My Scenarios" list. I brought it up in Pro PE, and it played just fine. Of course, Canadian Frost doesn't have any bridges or ditches in it. Am I missing something? Should I have done something with the map files or the theme?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello

question: reviewing scenarios from good ol' SB1 days ;) I found, that "Crux Small" cannot be worked on, since it has a problem with the "knox.raw" height map file. Is there any way to solve this problem and bring this excellent scenario back to life. Thx in advance

• Members

There are two types of *.raw files in SB1/SB Gold; terrain files (the small ones) need to be renamed *.ter; the elevation files need to be renamed *.hgt now. Renaming them is sufficient though, there is no need to actually convert them or something.

Thx for the once more given advice- actually I have all SB1 sce's working, that I wanted to keep. But... ;) in this case it does not. No matter where I put the small or large file, I even dl'ed the sce again (yes it's in the SB DL section) I always get a message "Kann nicht öffnen: Knox.raw" first a small Windows generated (?) window, after closing this the usual grey box saying the same. Ok IIRC it was a problem when it was en vogue, and no big deal if it does not work- a chance to re-do it.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Al or ssnake know, but I cant remember. There is some technical explanation about the ditches using up too much video ram or something. Take them out, or you will end up with a tank roller coaster. :-)

Just out of curiosity exactly what type of texture would one be looking for to fill in ditches? Is the texture for ditches the same in all seasons?

• 1 year later...

Actually, on the nature of ditches, they're still on the terrain, physically-you just can't add them in Steel Beasts Pro. But I thinking dug-in firing positions make up for it, in a sense.

I'll be working on my Slovakian map more now that I'm on break. See you guys during the next engagement.

• 3 years later...

Hi Guys,

I am trying to convert old sb gold: instant action ambush (leo)

into sb pro pe.

However, when I open it in the mission editor,

I get this error:

This scenario does not have a navmesh.

Where is the navmesh?

Should I build one or not?