Counterstroke: The Campaign

ShotMagnet

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, after a long weekend working on servers (last week) and a long day searching for missing persons & ELTs (today), I hope to be at home at a decent hour on Saturdays for awhile. Maybe next time I'll be able to participate. Just don't ask me to run any units - it's been more than three months since I actually played SB... :roll:

Well, after a long weekend working on servers (last week) and a long day searching for missing persons & ELTs (today), I hope to be at home at a decent hour on Saturdays for awhile. Maybe next time I'll be able to participate. Just don't ask me to run any units - it's been more than three months since I actually played SB... :roll:

Welcome back!!:)

• 2 weeks later...
I fear EST or whatever you colonists call it may equal small numbers over here in GMTville.
We former POME-ites would be starting at either 1800 or 1900 PST, that's 0200 or 0300 GMT.
Will this mean a time change so that the DVU guys won't have to play during the early morning hours their time?
The Danes (in the guise of Cutter) have offered to host and were the ones suggesting a move to 1800 PST (which is 0200 Danish time), so we'll see what develops.

At the moment the time is to remain 1900 PST until I hear a very large and particular hue and cry demanding a change to another, single time. I suspect that bringing the Danes aboard will move things to 1800, but we'll see who might be discomfitted thereby.

Shot

Well I guess i could get up for 0600 GMT, be about 2100 your time.

It all depends on how long the battles are really if they're anything over 2-3 hours then with my proposal you'd be online till midnight, dunno how well that would go down over there

I'm in the same timezone(ish) as those smelly danes :)

So early morning would equal evening/night for you guys.

Anyway, let us know if this is an acceptable compromise.

The missions have typically been set to run at about 50 minutes, so as to put some time pressure on the attacker. Planning runs about 20, and there's also typically a delay of about 15-20 minutes while we who are on time wait around for we who are not.

I once asked what times worked for everyone, is now maybe a good time to re-examine that question?

Shot

Sigh...

This Saturday's game is now pushed back to next Saturday, 3 May 08. 9erRed has been working 12-hour days, and needs some time. I also have to coordinate with Cutter regarding hosting.

Believe me when I tell you that this is as frustrating for me as it is for you. The wait will justify itself; we'll get a better game for having allowed both commanders the time they need.

Chin up, stiff upper-lip, etc.

Shotskiy

Sigh...

This Saturday's game is now pushed back to next Saturday, 3 May 08. 9erRed has been working 12-hour days, and needs some time. I also have to coordinate with Cutter regarding hosting.

Believe me when I tell you that this is as frustrating for me as it is for you. The wait will justify itself; we'll get a better game for having allowed both commanders the time they need.

Chin up, stiff upper-lip, etc.

Shotskiy

Goods news.

I'm back from the field, where I became a grunt. Its been a long time in that role and I know why I've been a mounted crewman all my time in.

And Hey! no rain on 12Alfa for 2 weeks...

Higher Command needing more time to sort stuff out...

You guys sure go the extra mile when trying to recreate a live campaign. Talk about immersion! :)

Being fair to both of the commanders, who are having RL issues and/or are integrating new teams of players.

I know that nothing kills a campaign faster than consistent delays but I also know that the delays will buy a better game for we who stick it out.

Shotskiy

As a reminder, the next Counterstroke mission, CS 2 N: Behind the Palisades, is still on schedule for this Saturday 3 May, at 1900 PST (0300 4 May 08 GMT).

The time is still somewhat uncertain; if Cutter is going to host then the game will start at 1800 PST, if Sean is going to host then it'll start at 1900. Hopefully either host will get in touch with me in the next day or so, in order to nail this down.

See you then.

Shot