Counterstroke: NATO

ShotMagnet

I'm new to the sim somewhat, havent had a go at Multi yet. 16 years SOF experience, still active duty. I can shoot, move, communicate, and will hold a flank if ya need an extra body.

Prefer the Leo series(2A4/2A5 extensively), havent had any experience in M1A1's. Good to go with all IFV's, MCLIC, Engineers and recovery vehicles.

Will be on Friday afternoon TS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Counterstroke is still scheduled to kick off at 1900 PDST, Saturday 1 Mar 08 (0300 2 Mar 08 for those of you lurking at or near the GMT band).

Commanders might want to take a few moments and get a head-count for those who will definitely be able to play. Walk-ons are always welcome; Dark Angel for example, who made the too-sweet MERDC skins for the Abrams and the Brad can't commit every two weeks, but has expressed an interest in playing just the same. If you're curious, but not sure about whether you have the time and/or inclination to play, come by anyway

The only caution I will throw out is that if Sean isn't able to host there might be a problem with slot-availability, depending on who shows. Preference will be given to those individuals who signed up and have asked to be part of the roster, otherwise I expect that either commander would be willing to take you in.

If you're interested in playing and haven't signed up yet, do so now. Be sure to register also at GaryOwen's site. There are separate fora for each team, wherein are discussed secret plans and all that.

Shot

New additions for NATO, the roster now looks like this:

GaryOwen- CO

DarkAngel

12Alfa

TacBat

RougeSnake79

tankenator

Apocalypse 31

mazer

Eisenschwein

Tankhunter

bmzscully

I feel like I'm missing someone, maybe two or three? If you don't see your name here it's because I don't know that you've signed up.

If that's the case, sound off. If you're interested in playing, but think you might not be able to make all the games, don't worry about it. DarkAngel informed me that he might not make all of them, and 12Alfa is apparently not going to show for the first one.

We all have lives, it's just bad luck that they crowd into the time we have for gaming. If you think you'd like to play, sign up. We'll understand if you can't make all the games.

As a reminder, final say-so regarding who will play rests with the CO, and depends in the main about what level of sportsmanlike conduct you exhibit. Satisfy the CO, and everything will be puppies and butterflies.

Shot

This week's scenario went well for the NATO forces. Danish forces, with the assistance of a Canadian tank company, penetrated into the center of the city of Rastatt.

During the next scenario, which happens simultaneously in game time with this week's game, NATO will deploy sufficient forces, US and German, to require several more players.

Join_the_Cavalry.jpg

Anyone who shows up will be able to play.

• 5 weeks later...

Here's a quick AAR from E Coy's perspective.

Initial positions for NATO with the planned axis of advance for each Company. The final objective is to secure one of the bridges under Soviet control.

CSStart.jpg

After cautiously advancing through the forest, lead elements of E Coy made contact with a platoon of T-80's in a defensive position in the opposite tree line. 4/1/E scored a kill, while 1/1/E exchanged hits with another T-80.

Having lost his main gun, 1/1/E withdrew to the rear while artillery was called in on the EN position. After the barrage lifted, E Coy continued forward, mopping up the remainder of the EN tank platoon.

With F Coy on the left flank, and C Coy on the right, E Coy moved into contact with more T-80's in and around the small town south of the bridges. A close range gun battle ensued.

Final positions of the Company. Due to the tenacious defence of the Soviet forces, E Coy was unable to push across the bridges in time. The Company destroyed eight tanks, with no losses.

CSEnd.jpg

• 4 months later...

Counterstroke will be returning next Saturday 23 Aug 08 at 1900 PST (0300 GMT, 24 Aug 08). All you who were playing for NATO last time are welcome to jump back in this time.

If you'd like to play but haven't played before, sound off here. We also accept folks on the spot on a space-available basis, provided you're willing to work as part of a team and take orders from a commander.

See you next Saturday.

Shot

• 3 weeks later...