Poll for Scenario Design Contest 3

Ssnake

• Members

I've been hesitant to start a new contest because I'm out of ideas about good prizes, so I guess it may be worth asking you, the potential candidates, what you would actually like to see.

We have a new batch of mouse pads with kick-ass artwork, so they are pretty much a given.

Likewise the SB Pro PE lifetime free upgrade deal for the winner has a firm place.

There is a local army surplus store where I can buy black berets of the German Panzertruppe.

Books are always an option, but chances are you may already own most of those that are somehow related to the subject matter.

Diecast model tanks are another option, but there aren't many of high quality with modern vehicles and the usual suspects for WW2 - Panther, Tiger, Sherman, T-34...

My problem simply is, creating a good scenario involves a lot of work so at least the three best scenarios should get a really good prize.

I will also be happy to drag you into the Panzermuseum in Munster and give you a bit of a tour, but this will be a rather theoretical offer for most as I couldn't offer travel cost reimbursement around the world even if we can agree on a specific date (once that you are in Europe, Hannover Airport is actually well connected to the major cities).

So, do you have other ideas/suggestions?

• Moderators
Well if money is no object, how about one of those AFV sim gunner handles?

It depends on how big the budget is....

But I guees along the lines of museums, free entry to a museum of your choice?

Unfortunately money IS and option. Those handles are several thousands of dollars -- it would have to be one helluva scenario to be worth it which we would then coin "The Mother of all Scenarios". Maybe if the same person won the scenario contest on 10 separate occasions. ;)

Also, are they even available? - I got the impression they were not prosumer items, but limited to licensed users of the original equipment?

A possibility would be the VS RC tanks - although they are possibly at the steep end? £89 retail, possibly less in dollar equivalents, or in bulk?

i would like to see the following prizes awarded by e-sim.

1st place-a working T-72 or a night in the playboy mansion.

2nd place-a fully functional AT-4.

3rd place-one on one with Chuck Norris in a 3 outta 5 deathmacth in SB Pro PE.

4th place and on down is debateable,because if Chuck Norris wins he will destroy the SB community.

• Members
Well if money is no object, how about one of those AFV sim gunner handles?

It depends on how big the budget is...

Not just that, export licenses and related red tape make it a non-starter. The UK government considers the replicas war materiel, with all the consequences that it entails.

• Members
But I guees along the lines of museums, free entry to a museum of your choice?

Admission fee usually is NOT the governing factor for a visit. Of all the museums in my life that I visited only a handful or two who charged a double-digit fee, and of these only one or two weren't worth the money. Usually its the associated travel costs that prevent a visit, or bad timing.

I'm not sure if it would be practical to make that a prize, and if we included a lump sum payment for travel costs we could just as well make it a cash prize right away.

• Moderators

How about a tank model kit? Roguesnake, what were those awesome ones called again... Dragon Armor? Of course it means that the winner of the kit would have to actually build it and put it together, but isn't that the fun with models? They could then take a photo of there finished model and post it on the forum. ;)

• Members
Perhaps cash prizes. A little less personal, but universally transformable into whatever one wants.

The problem that I have with cash is that it puts a price sticker on a scenario which will inevitably be too low if you divide it by the hours that go into such a scenario. The result will almost inevitably be way below minimum wage levels.

The ideal prize is priceless. It's a reward for an exceptional deed which you couldn't get in any other way, or at least something with an emotional element in it. An expression of appreciation; money, for all its practicality, is mundane.

Money is anything but priceless; a tour to a Rheinmetall ammo factory may be priceless but is highly impractical for anyone not living in relatively close vicinity.

Priceless AND practical - that's the challenge.

I have no use for a model. and giving away free entry to museums practically rules out anyone far away as me from bein part of the contest, why bother then ?

oh and as for Beret - BLACK and not maroon or tan is a true Armour beret.

i like the idea of BLACK berets of the German Panzertruppe.

But Black Berets are avilable here too caus our armour guys were black too but Black berets of the German Panzertruppe with Cap badge. Now that ied like very much.

ied go with Black Beret with a Cap badge that Says something in German. or is badge of Panzertruppe.