Teamspeak 3 Server up

Sean

Hi,

I'm the guy for whom "Hi-Tech" is carbon paper and a Gestetner machine. (A what??)

I've just downloaded the TS3 Application into into my Program Files folder. So, now what? I see that I can "grab the client," and I now have an IP, but haven't the foggiest clue what it all means or what specifically I can do now. Does it mean, perhaps, that I can barge around with TS3 using a client and the IP (assuming that I get that far), and not upset my current TS2 system? Any guidance gratefully received. TIA for any feedback!

• Moderators

I think it is pretty much in use now, officially.

One thing you should be aware of is that TS3 currently does not have a Channel Commander (CC) ability, I was reading the Teamspeak forum about this yesterday. Anyway, I am all too familiar with how people love to use it during LNoT so I want to mention it before everyone bitches about it. That said, the old CC feature was pretty useless during LNoTs anyway, because everyone usually made themselves CCs anyway. Pretty pointless.

Still, I think CC is something that might add to a future update of TS3. Right now you have to use the whisper function which is actually quite easy and quick to setup in TS3. First you set a key to work as your whisper PTT button. Then open the whisper list and drag all the people you want to whisper to into that list. Done. Once you hold your whisper key, you will whisper to everyone on this list. This is how they say that you can quickly setup whisper lists to act as the old CC feature.

Actually, it probably turns out better than the old CC feature I think, because you can keep in communication with specific people instead of everyone making themselves CCs, clogging up the comms. The only draw back is that the people you are whispering to have to also setup their whisper list as well, but being that you can do it very easily in a minute or so, it should not be a problem. In other words, the "command net" would have identical whisper lists of all the company commanders / platoon leaders or whatever, so you all would have to test out your comms before hand to make sure each of you have your whisper list setup properly...

• Administrators

TS3 seems to be working well. All of the problems with it so far are on the admin side of things. The permissions are a little more fine grained and complex. I'll leave TS2 up through the weekend though.