Arcade Map downloads

ElBando

Hi, this is my first post. Can anyone tell me where I can download user submitted maps ( single player missions ) that I can use to practice the game? Simple missions, arcade style, like in Steel Beasts " Instant Action " and the likes. Also any other links with mods, etc. Thanks in advance.

Andym, thanks for the help. I looked all over ( I thought ) glad you pointed this out for me. Those Single player downloads are just what I want. I downloaded the zip file "Battle for 1KM" patch and installed it in my SteelBeasts folder as directed. It does show up on my missions window but will not open, says " error ". I did what the install "read me" says ( I think ). I pasted the zip folder in my Steel Beasts program folder, then extracted it. Is there anything you can tell me that I might be doing wrong. I am not an expert on this however I have downloaded many user submitted maps in other PC games and have never had a problem. Thanks

• Administrators

You won't be able to run any of the new scenarios, and the FAQs about where to put them won't apply. If I recall correctly, in SB1 everything is stored under the program files / esimgames / steelbeasts area somewhere?

Have a look under here for SB1 missions: http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/4

Even then, your SB1 version is obsolete. If you go to the esim website you can find the older versions there. Upgrade to the latest 1.xxx version.

You won't be able to run any of the new scenarios, and the FAQs about where to put them won't apply. If I recall correctly, in SB1 everything is stored under the program files / esimgames / steelbeasts area somewhere?

Have a look under here for SB1 missions: http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/4

Even then, your SB1 version is obsolete. If you go to the esim website you can find the older versions there. Upgrade to the latest 1.xxx version.

After thinking about my old SB game, maybe I should upgrade, get a new one. What is the latest that you recommend?

www.esimgames.com look under downloads,then click on SB legacy.it think the last patch was 1.95.its all there on esim.this link probally doesnt work so youll have to type it in or look under the links section of this site,click on it then click on SB related sites link and esim is about halfway down the page. Edited by Ssnake
fixed the url, it's eSimGames.com

did you download a pro pe or a sb-1 sce?if you look closely you will see there is a section for SB Pro PE and SB downloads.it appears you have the first SB, so you must download from the SB not the SB Pro PE ssection.

I downloaded single player scenarios from SB and NOT SB Pro.

After thinking about my old SB game, maybe I should upgrade, get a new one. What is the latest that you recommend?

Welcome to the forum and Happy New Year, now back on topic.

If you want to stay at the earlier SB ver 1.x standard, then 1.95.

If you want to spend a fair bit of money, then the current one is SB Pro PE 2.483, but it isn't a patch / upgrade to your old 1.x version, its a whole new product.

Welcome to the forum and Happy New Year, now back on topic.

If you want to stay at the earlier SB ver 1.x standard, then 1.95.

If you want to spend a fair bit of money, then the current one is SB Pro PE 2.483, but it isn't a patch / upgrade to your old 1.x version, its a whole new product.

Can I download a patch that will give me vs 1.95 ? I really like my old game and it would be nice if I could update it.

Well, yes.

As per the post that has already been made:

www.esimgames.com look under downloads,then click on SB legacy.it think the last patch was 1.95.its all there on esim.this link probally doesnt work so youll have to type it in or look under the links section of this site,click on it then click on SB related sites link and esim is about halfway down the page.
Edited by Ssnake
wrong url

El Bando,bite the bullet,sell a child or a Kidney and buy the latest SB Pro Pe,you wont regret it.Its a whole new ball game and you will have access to all the latest skins and Missions etc.You cant really compare the 2 games now.

El Bando,bite the bullet,sell a child or a Kidney and buy the latest SB Pro Pe,you wont regret it.Its a whole new ball game and you will have access to all the latest skins and Missions etc.You cant really compare the 2 games now.

Andym, I might just do that, buy the SB Pro Pe. What are the minimum computer requirments? I'm wondering if my three year old PC can handle it. Thanks

Mate,

If you go to:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/

(or just click on "Home" in the top left hand corner of this page)

All of that information is there (including how to purchase it, should you choose to poroceed):

The system requirements listed there are:

Steel Beasts Professional - Personal Edition

IBM compatible PC with the following minimum configuration (Recommended specs are in parentheses):

•1.5 (2.5) GHz CPU

•256 (512) MB RAM

•64 (128) MB, DirectX9-Capable Graphics Accelerator (GeForce 3 class or better)

•1.6 GB available hard disk space

•Free USB port for dongle

•Mouse

•CD-ROM

•Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP with Service Pack 2 (Steel Beasts Pro PE will NOT run on Windows NT)

•Microsoft DirectX version 9.0c

For better playing experience, a sound card and joystick are recommended.

Please note that Steel Beasts Professional uses a hardware device (a USB dongle) for software protection. An available USB port is required.

Gibsonm, thanks again for the help. I am slowly finding out how to use all the valuable resources that this forum has to offer. I am coming around and in the future I won't be so dependent on everyone for any little bit of info that I need.

While those specifications are correct for the current version, additional features have been pushing the minimum usable a little higher and it is reasonable to expect this to continue.

My machine is around 6 years old now and I only need to choose lower graphics options in complex scenarios with large unit counts and relatively intricate terrain. This can be accomplished 'on-the-fly' from within the real-time engine and can be raised once the situation is simplified slightly by casualties.

Yes I'd agree that these specs are now really "minimum, but not ideal".

Certainly I'd be checking your machine against the "preferred" entries (the ones in these type of brackets) as a base line.

If you are going to buy a "new" machine though I think even a basic "new" one comes with better specs than that.

If you are thinking of a laptop, make sure you aren't getting one where the graphics chip "shares" the memory with the CPU, and the graphics card has to support 3D.

• Members

A lot will also depend on the desired screen resolution which - ideally - will match the native resolution of the moditor (if you're not using a CRT). With a big LCD monitor you may want to go for a higher end graphics card so you can run SB Pro with good frame rates in high resolution.