New to the Sim

GunSlinger

Hello all,

I am fairly new to this outstanding sim (going on about 2 weeks now) and I am interested in joining you in your weekly Friday engagements. I am, however, a little intimidated because of my lack of experience.

1. What is the best way to go about joining you all in MP, should I try just playing with a small group before jumping into the thick of it on Fridays?

2. Is anyone available for some 1 on 1 training sessions to bring me up to speed with the sim? I have completed most of the "Training" missions that come stock but I am sure that there are tactics and techniques that can only be learned from those SB Vets out there.

Hello all,

I am fairly new to this outstanding sim (going on about 2 weeks now) and I am interested in joining you in your weekly Friday engagements. I am, however, a little intimidated because of my lack of experience.

1. What is the best way to go about joining you all in MP, should I try just playing with a small group before jumping into the thick of it on Fridays?

2. Is anyone available for some 1 on 1 training sessions to bring me up to speed with the sim? I have completed most of the "Training" missions that come stock but I am sure that there are tactics and techniques that can only be learned from those SB Vets out there.

Hello,

Where are you located? That can determine who is available.

Tanks

Download and install Teamspeak 3, then join at IP 216.22.24.158:9987 There is almost always someone on TS who can talk about whatever subjects you would like to brush up on or start a scenario.

Joining the friday game couldnt be any easier then it already is. Get on the TS server NLT (no later then 2045 Central Standard US time and join the IP that gets posted in channel, just before 9:00 PM.

This link explains it very well. http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=11821 just make sure you have TeamSpeak3 and use the updated IP found in this thread and on the homepage. Skills and abilities are irrelevant, all that matters is that you show up and have a good time. Hell, we let =Gen= RogueSnake play and he hasnt gotten any better at this since he showed up years ago.

Mog

Its a legacy thing:

The patching path has been

2.216 > ... > 2.328 > 2.328 (hotfix)

2.370 (Beta)

The next update was the pay-for

2.468 (Pay) > 2.483

All recent copies supplied by Esim have been at 2.468+, but the originally supplied sets only include support to 2.328 or the 2.370 Beta, requiring a small charge for 2.468 allowing the most recent patch to be applied.

OK so lemme get this straight, I do not need to download the "Beta" and I just need my new copy of the retail version that I got plus the latest patch.

Yes, If you bought version 2.468 you can download 2.483 update patch. I see your in Richmond, I'm up in Fredericksburg.

Tanks

Andy