• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators
Greets...

Eisen, the last pic was my kill. Nice, isn't it? Allthough the little bugger needed 3(!!) TOW bevor he was down.

Yeah, saw that. It looks like the TOW-2B had a bad angle of attack from where you were, it kept detonating over the rear of the AS1, taking out the engine and rear area stuff until there wasn't any more to damage back there. After a few of those shots, one finally detonated over the nice juicy center of the vehicle. I also saw a Leo1 "take" a long range maingun hit to the mantlet, of course said hit came with crippling damage (crew, maingun and so on). It is good to know that our Leo1 tanks do have some manner of absorbant "protection" when we are very lucky. :biggrin:

Tacbats order was not very heroic, but the only useful thing to do as we where seriously outflanked here.( nice Job RED)

Yes, I agree. Falling back is perhaps not heroic to some people, but absolutely necissary given the situation. Just about the only thing Red has going for it is the horde type numbers, and to Blue's credit they have delayed Red in the first two missions AND caused attrition to the point that Red has largely been contained at starting strength levels. People may not realize it yet, but all this will come into play at the end when Red's replacements are very low. By that time, Red will have hoped to made up some ground and accumulated some extra strength to have a reserve (or, at the very least, to have close to full strength), but it could very well end up that by that time Red is below 100% strength for the final fight, because of all the attrition from all the scenarios before it. Hopefully we are leading up to an awesome "final fight" and instead won't see Red's advance die off in a wimper before that happens. :(

• Moderators
Yeah, saw that. It looks like the TOW-2B had a bad angle of attack from where you were, it kept detonating over the rear of the AS1, taking out the engine and rear area stuff until there wasn't any more to damage back there. After a few of those shots, one finally detonated over the nice juicy center of the vehicle. I also saw a Leo1 "take" a long range maingun hit to the mantlet, of course said hit came with crippling damage (crew, maingun and so on). It is good to know that our Leo1 tanks do have some manner of absorbant "protection" when we are very lucky. :biggrin:

Oh wait, my mistake. I think the TOW-2 in question was not a TOW-2B, it was a regular TOW-2. Well, not the best of missiles to get an oblique kill from the rear of the vehicle through the spaced area that is the engine and transmission. The paperweight's luck ran out eventually though. Speaking of which, thank goodness you guys don't have TOW-2Bs!

After looking over the AAR, I did notice a few other places where a Leo1 did safely take a few maingun rounds to the turret front. Well that is inspiring. Of course they were all at long range though, but it is good to know that the Leo1 does have some manner of armor. Our Russkie tank crews have been told that our Leo1 (T-72) is the best tank in the world! We just don't show them all the dead ones after the battle. :shocked:

...BTW, in case it is not obvious, my post is an attempt to boost Red's morale. See guys, the political officers were right: there really is a chance that we can take a hit and not die! Everyone let us have our one "good day" please. ;)

Edited by Volcano
clarification

I noticed that red gets together during mid week to go over plans for the following Friday. I would like to do the same if it is possible. I know blue is a "heard of cats" and there may not be time for everyone but I for one need all the info I can get my head around. Just a thought.

Blue's orders are usually available by Wed/Thurs, and are sent to the Coy Commanders. If you want to see them, then send me a PM once I've announced their availabilty and I'll set you up.

Ok Tac i'll hit you with a PM. My concern is how we got undressed on Friday and because of my lack of experience in such a situation all I could do was follow directives rather then reading the situation correctly and Making a executive decision that may have resulted in a CO taking a hit. 1/D was in a good spot for evil death. There is always alternatives to any plan and I guess that's what I'm looking for with getting together with blue.

Good job to Red last night! They found a weak spot in Blue's lines and punched through it with force.

Had a couple of things worked out better for Blue, I'm sure we could have offered a better fight. However, the outcome would have been the same I'm sure, just not as soon. :wink:

I applaud Tacbat's execution and would have played it just like he is. The whole point is to draw RED out and accumulate reinforcements. At some point, BLUE will pick its ground and put on a hell of a fight.

Yes, RED did wait to look for an opening and we certainly had no intention of a "stand up" fight if it could have been avoided. If this were any other friday night game, then sure, fight to the death, what else to we have to lose? However, the campaign has a longer horizon and, despite playing on RED, I'll stick up for Tacbat's tactics - he's biding his time in order to make a stand under circumstances of his choosing.

On another note, I appreciate that our German comrades are waking up so early to play with us, it is making for a better experience.

Did I see this right that red moved part of its forces towards the center to wait which of the attacks looked most promising (the northern one in this case) and reinforced this?

That was our design - you can imagine how happy we were that this worked.

Study this coming week's map carefully - RED will have a hard time repeating the same move.

Tacbat, Sorry for bailing so quick after the game, but I had my 2 year old boy bouncing across my desk trying to gab the 'danks danks danks' out of the screen.

Any how good game for what it was. Good call on the withdrawal.

I hope we get better ground next week. Can you send me the map as soon as you have it please.

good game all.

Tacbat, Sorry for bailing so quick after the game, but I had my 2 year old boy bouncing across my desk trying to gab the 'danks danks danks' out of the screen.

Any how good game for what it was. Good call on the withdrawal.

I hope we get better ground next week. Can you send me the map as soon as you have it please.

good game all.

NP. I called it quits pretty quick too. It was kind of a waste of a Friday night for you guys in the south. Thanks for your patience.

I haven't seen anything yet as far as a map goes for next week, but I'll get it out to you as soon as I can.

• Moderators
Here we go, but isn´t it from Tacbat........

http://911.familie-kuhrt.de/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=82&act=down

Thanks! Very nice. :)

Oh, I see you said Tacbat made it. Very nice Tacbat. Why not post it here on SB.com? I guess the fact that there isn't a Tiger ARH folder (under the downloads > skins) does not help.

Edited by Volcano
additional

• Members
US Guys on both Sides always turns around for withdrawal, why?

I don't know if these were human decisions. If left to the default settings in SB Pro, units will try to break line of sight and then turn around for higher speed (in the hope of remaining in defilade; that's something that the player should check when plotting the route). Otherwise, right-click the route and select speed "Reverse" and it'll stay in reverse for the entire route to the next waypoint. (See chapter 8, pages 27 f.)