Title Changed... New Tank Range and Range Test Engagement otw

Mav

Hi

This might be or might not be a bug in the "jump to end if..." logic code

I tried a simple layout to check it.

Spawn one unit with trigger5, let it have 4 waypoints to go to (1, 2, 3 or 4) with 4 different routes. Each route conditioned by a trigger (route to wp1 with trigger1, route to wp2 with trigger2 etc. etc.) and each route with a "if true delay with XX seconds" where route 2 is delayed 20 seconds, route 3 delayed 30 seconds and route 4 delayed 40 seconds.

Thus the unit should spawn with trigger 5 and pick a route dependend on the next trigger choise and then jump to the chosen routes end after the delay.

But the unit will just start moving towords waypoint 4.

Feature or Bug ?

Attached is a mission with this in it, only trigger for spawning is 1 and the routes are triggers 2,3,4 and 5.

TESTRUN_rar.febee461a1027cc982a02a87645f

TESTRUN.rar

Edited by Mav

• Members

The basic design principle - which is also the reason why you can't "un-spawn" a unit - is that the enemy, even if under computer control, must play by the rules. It may go to a place undetected, but can't disappear into thin air. Just like for decision making the enemy can refer only to known Blue units in a region and not magically know what the situation is (perfect knowledge is available only in scoring formulas). Instructors, as god-like as their powers may be, can only spawn reinforcements that were defined before mission start in places that the mission designer anticipated. If the students are so good that they are winning - let them :cool3:, and don't create reinforcements on the fly.

Tacbat: Yep i am aware of that, and as you can see all 4 routes are originating from the unit it self, with each its condition.

Volcano: That is exactly what i am trying to do.

Unit 1E fx.

I want unit 1E that is a single Tank to spawn and go to the end of one of the four routes attached to it if any of the routes fulfill criterias. I can do that with other criterias, but as soon as the criterias for the "move to end" is added a DELAY it fails.

The idea originates from me trying to make a shooting range scenario, where i would like to add a lot of replayability. Thus having the targets pop up at different locations. I CAN do that as above if each route has its own unit that then spawns based on the route conditions and the routes are then unconditioned, but that takes 4 units instead of one, cluttering up the "end engagement" criteria for that single engagement. I then have to check 4 units for arrival to waypoint and members number instead of one unit's arrival to eather of 4 WP's and its members numbers.

The usage of triggers are merly to simplify my attempt in the shooting range scenario, where the routes are based on two 50% chance events being true or not (gives 4 posisble outcomes).

To lift the vail a little, i can not attach the shooting range scenario here as i aim to submit it to the next competition :D

But here is a few shots of the Yano Multi Purpose Range Complex - Heavy from Ft. Knox that i have edited a little.....

SS_00_21_30.jpg.fb139ef3ac2866067939f9b4

SS_00_21_58.jpg.746fc6c21b6b0b6f5443bf99

SS_00_24_18.jpg.873460cb5a4535b42237322e

SS_00_22_27.jpg.44bcfab840bf9fb5776f6112

SS_00_21_30.jpg.fb139ef3ac2866067939f9b4

SS_00_21_58.jpg.746fc6c21b6b0b6f5443bf99

SS_00_24_18.jpg.873460cb5a4535b42237322e

SS_00_22_27.jpg.44bcfab840bf9fb5776f6112

Edited by Mav

Try changing the conditions for the vehicle's "Spawn if..." to:

If trigger WP1 or WP2 or WP3 or WP4 is set

and then take out the delay in the route "Jump to end" conditions.

Now, if you want to keep the delays, there is a way to do it. It takes a bit of scripting using Events to spawn the unit in question, but it can be done. I'll give you the solution if you haven't figured it out after a little while... :wink:

No need Tacbat, thats how i have solved it for now. But i was wondering if i could "save" three units for every unit needed to shoot at, as that method will require 4 units to spawn for each its route to an alternative target pop-up. For all targets i have 3 alternatives based on chance, so the shooting will never be the same.

Much appreciated Tacbat - looking at it now.

I made some error in my scenario now, so i get dropped to main menu when hitting TEST button or running it as a scenario.....

Got a debugLog.txt if that helps any one to decipher it. Looks like its a missing armor type or something..

EDIT....

I removed a few blue PC's, amongst them a Pizzaro. That solved the problem. I have a copy of the bad TE should the coders need that.

debugLog.txt.6f9556acd40e8d0b105f9b428be

debugLog.txt

No problem GH Lieste. I had the Pizzaro and the other PC's in the mission for a long time while building it. And it has worked for about 1Ā½ week now durring all my tests. But suddenly last night it came up with this error, and i tried to remove unit after unit after unit, testing after each removal to check. And when i moved the PC's it started working again. I then took the original mission and removed only the PC's and voila. So it has to be one of them (i guess)

OK now i added two single M3A2 Bradlys and got the same dump to main menu right after click on TEST button. So it might be that vehicle and not the Pizzaro.

I removed them again and the scenario plays just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...