Newbie!

digital_steve

Hey,

Just thought i'd drop in here and say hello! I've just ordered the simulator today and am awaiting shipping from the US.

Any advice, tips and tricks for a newbie would be much appreciated... also, i use a thrustmaster hotas cougar for flight sims, so if anyone has a profile they use for steel beasts please let me know!

Cheers all!

Welcome aboard! The Friday night game happens Saturday morning down under although Im not sure of the exact time right now. My replacement cougar should arrive Mon so if you dont find a profile, I should have a decent one to send you sometime Tuesday.

If you dont already have it, download Teamspeak3 and join us in chat. Teamspeal info is on the SB homepage.

Mog

OKey boys on the 25:th im going to buy SB pro PE, And ofcourse I would like to join some online game. So does anyone have any idee when online games starts??

If you have like few days a week when you play or I just have to wait and hope for a online game to come up???

Se ya out there

//McCoy

Well Sydney is roughly 10 working days.

Hobart should be the same.

Back woods "banjo plucking territory" further into the Isle of Dr. Moreau who knows. :)

LOL Hobart by location, not by birth... i give the inbreds their distance :eek2:

Thanks for the info. It'll be here in due time i suppose, i'm just an impatient bastard :redface:

• Members

That is not quite correct.

The backup cannot compensate for loss or destruction!

A stick that has been registered with my.codemeter.com can however be reported stolen (by the owner, and only by him, for which you need to know the serial number and a "master code" which gets shown when you register it). Under certain circumstances Wibu Systems can then remotely disable the stick.

If you could make a backup of the license and transfer it to another stick, that would totally defeat the purpose of the damned thing in the first place, wouldn't it?

If you're extra paranoid (or cautious): The latest CodeMeter runtime has the option to lend a license to some other stick for a limited time. So you could buy a second, empty CM stick and then lend the license from the original stick to that one for the longest period that you could live without playing SB Pro - say, one week. If you then lose that second stick, at the end of that week the original stick's license is active again. Of course you'd need to rent a bank vault for the original stick, or hire a few bodyguards for it (but can you trust them? Oh... paranoia can be a bitch).

But seriously: That's the only way to be really sure that the loss or destruction of your daily stick won't also eliminate the license.

Of course, if you can verify the destruction of a stick we'd still be replacing the license (but we'd have to charge you 40.- for a new stick and shipping and handling).

Stolen or lost sticks: A real problem since we'd ask you how we can be sure that you didn't "lose" the stick at your friend's home (and no, the claim "I have no friends" - though it may be the sad truth - is not good enough: Prove it!). Chances are, it may be impossible to prove that nobody else is using the old stick, and that you truly lost it (because you need to know, and prove, what happened to the stick, in which case it typically isn't "lost").

• Members

None of that hurts, although I'd pick a slightly different wording.

I mean, we wrote the manual for several reasons. Of course we know that few bother to read it until they are actually in trouble and trying to figure out what they need to do differently. There are however a few things which you may grasp to some extent intuitively (if we did our job right with the user interface), but there are obviously some hard behavioral routines - game rules if you will - which, if you just know them, will allow you to play a bit more effectively. I am referring to Chapter 8, of course.

And yeah, as with so many other worldly possessions - it's usually best not to loose stuff.

Woohoo! Finally got to fire the sim up for a very brief run last night... just fired up a training mission to tweak my settings and have a look.

I got to shoot my own tanks and what looked to be a pavelow or hind as well!

... i have to say though, the soldier models are, erm, hideous. Are they sprites!?

All in all, my first 10 minutes has me hooked.

... i have to say though, the soldier models are, erm, hideous. Are they sprites!?

Well they are an “afterthought” (some might say rightfully so, but I couldn’t possibly :)).

The thing is primarily a Tank Crew trainer, not necessarily an all encompassing modern combat simulator.