RomeoNovember12

The Swedish army is getting smaller, but this is silly.

Hello,

I've been using SB for a few years and after playing some other games for a while I reinstalled SB. The problem is that now the Strvs and Strfs have become midget vehicles. I have attached a picture to prove it.

How do I fix this?

/Mats

SS_15_17_15.jpg.ab360f2739d9367c34f4e0f8

SS_15_17_15.jpg.ab360f2739d9367c34f4e0f8

Fascinating. I have no idea yet what's going on there. Have you installed any mods that are not limited to just textures?

Ssnake, not that I can remember.

A while back my Vista somehow got messed up and I reinstalled it without formatting my drive. Now there is the Windows.old folder with all the programs that were installed at the time of my re-installation of Vista, I haven't touched this. I reinstalled SB on my new Vista and I was surprised and happy to find that all my textures and missions were still there when I started SB. I was even more surprised to find that the Strvs and Strfs had shrunk.

Could this re-installation have something to do with it?

I can't rule it out. In all likelihood there's something wrong with the vehicles .mrf file. You could try and copy the one that should still be in the "Windows.old" directory into the new installation folder, e.g. from

C:\Windows.old\Program Files\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\models\veh.mrf

to

C:\Program Files\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\models\veh.mrf

Please let me know if that works.

It isn't a big file, 281kb or so...

Here is my copy if you want to try it.

Edited by GH_Lieste

The other possibility that occurs immediately is the <veh>.mrf file within the actors folder. These are much bigger though.

How many vehicles (and which types) are affected?

STRV122,

CV90(models?)

I can add the .mrf for one 'broken' vehicle and we can see if that helps?

While your best option may be to completely re-install everything, you might want to try replacing this file in your 'actors' folder to see if the Mi24 is fixed.

Edited by GH_Lieste

Yep, uninstalling / reinstalling everything might be your best choice -- there is no telling what other older files are hanging around in your SB install as well.

Shoot me an email, and I'll wrap up the mrf files that you need in one RAR file.

But this is bizarre.

If I had a bit more time before my next appointment, I'd Photoshop a gigantic infantry boot into that screenshot. Oh, well.

i had same prob.MRF was corrupted.i posted it under ''need some help'' topic header.