Skin Request (dejawolf...)

Hackworth

I'll leave to others the discussion of whether the AM or AM2 is a proper proxy ... but I did plan to do a Finnish T-55 after completing the T-72M1. However, when I read Finland's tanks weren't T-55A's, I decided a plain green one with Finnish roundels was sufficient for me. I might revisit the idea if there were more than tepid interest.

FWIW, the T-55A and T-55AM use the same skin file in SB, so if you do one, you've got the other. 

SS_03_13_56.jpg

Edited by Splash
Add screenshot

Interesting, good to know they all use one file.

It's definitely something I'd like to have so that all the T-55s don't look totally identical.  As to which one for when and what...

I think the "vanilla" T-55 most LOOKS like the Finn T-55M upgrades, but the AM2 with it's better fire control might be a more accurate approximation of gunnery capability, although the BDD "Brow" armor was never on Finnish T-55's.

5 hours ago, Maj.Hans said:

Interesting, good to know they all use one file.

Not "all." The A and AM use the same file. The AM2 uses a separate one -- for which, unfortunately, there is no layered photoshop template available at present. (Dejawolf's T-55 template uploaded by DarkAngel is for the T55A_AM_soviet, and does not include layers for parts unique to the AM2 texture.)

• 1 month later...

Guys can you help me, there is the Austrian Leo 2A4 skin in downloads section since 2009 or so. It has no turret roof file, so when you are in F7 view you see a totaly different roof. Thats not cool :(

I try several times to make a roof myself by overpainting other 2A4 roofs i downloaded. but it doesnt work or fails :( I cant do it.

Can someone repaint me a 2A4 roof with the 2A4 colour from the austrian leo 2A4 skin please? It is probably easy if you know what you do.

This is the skin mod by Hackworth -> 

Edited by Pandur

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Dejawolf. Can I please request a new skin for the temperate climate, green scheme for the 2S6 SPAAG/SAM system? There are so many really beautiful vehicles in the Soviet/Russian lineup now that the 2S6 is looking a little bit "cartoony" by comparison. Many thanks.

Late edit: Apologies Dejawolf. I just saw the tutorial. I won't waste your time and will have a go at this myself following the excellent tutorial over Christmas. Thanks again!

Edited by ChrisWerb

Hi Dejawolf,

working on fictional Egyptian / Libyan conflict scenario. Noted that there was no M60a3 in Egyptian markings. One of the forum members agreed to come up with a desert tan skin with markings for Egypt.  It was then discovered that all the M60 a3 are pre-painted with patterns on them. To get a proper meeting of Egyptian / Libyan armor, I need an m60a3 template to make a skin for. Well beyond my current abilities. Can you please help the project by supplying a template?

Thanks and have a Merry Christmas,

Wax Savage

On 6/17/2018 at 2:56 AM, Gibsonm said:

Personally, I'm not interested as using as a RAAC vehicle since we had the 20Pdr and did not get the 105mm L7 until the new and exciting Leo1s rolled into the barracks in 1973 or thereabouts.

Most sources I've seen say they were delivered 1976-78. 

On 6/17/2018 at 6:09 AM, Breakthrough7 said:

I don't imagine I'll be making anything for public consumption, I'm not trained in graphic design, so my stuff sucks and the only thing I've ever cared about selling is fire support.  With that said I probably see non dress-right-dress vehicle camouflage similarly to how you guys see a-historical vehicle markings.

merdc.jpg

Beautiful, if slightly anachronistic in some cases :) Your Apache looks like a Japanese example.

Edited by ChrisWerb

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2014 at 10:28 AM, dejawolf said:

bah.

Hi Dejawolf,

Sent you a post for a template on Dec 15th. January 1st was my 70th B-day. Was hoping you would send me my template as a present!

I need an m60a3 template to make a skin for. Well beyond my current abilities. Can you please help the project by supplying a template?

Thanks and have a good 2020,

Wax Savage

On 1/3/2020 at 12:26 PM, RogueSnake79 said:

He just doesn't check the forums like he used to.  I've uploaded it for you, should be approved soon. 

Just checked in and saw your post. Thanks for putting the M60A3 template up on the forum! BTW, I did download it. There is a Password and Keyfile (?) required to extract the template from the *.rar file.

Do you have the password and keyfile?

I downloaded it, and it extracted fine (no password) using 7-Zip.

(edit) Actually, come to think of it, I didn't use 7-Zip ... I just right-clicked on the .rar file and used "extract here" in Win10.  In any case, it wasn't password-protected.  Maybe a setting on your PC?

Edited by Splash
Second thought

3 hours ago, Splash said:

I downloaded it, and it extracted fine (no password) using 7-Zip.

(edit) Actually, come to think of it, I didn't use 7-Zip ... I just right-clicked on the .rar file and used "extract here" in Win10.  In any case, it wasn't password-protected.  Maybe a setting on your PC?

Used 7-zip as you suggested. Opened the zip file no problem. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

It was.

I was experimenting with possibilities for then-planned Rolling Thunder 19. I never released it because 1) I couldn't find historical documentation for a tunic vs. the greatcoat I was copying, and 2) unsupported normal-map modding. I'll send it to you by PM if you'd like to use it anyway. 

SS_11_14_50.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, PanzerLuzi said:

Hello, is there someone here who could make the Marder 1A3 in woodland, winter and desert?

Is it best then from 3./411? Skins from the Bundeswehr ofc

Hah, ein Mann aus dem Land der 3 Meere 😉

Willkommen im Forum