Hackworth

Skin Request (dejawolf...)

I don't imagine I'll be making anything for public consumption, I'm not trained in graphic design, so my stuff sucks and the only thing I've ever cared about selling is fire support.  With that said I probably see non dress-right-dress vehicle camouflage similarly to how you guys see a-historical vehicle markings.

merdc.jpg

Any chance someone can make a Finnish skin for the T-55AM or AM2?

Was thinking to put some Finn T-55's in a scenario but I think, given their upgrades, one of these would be a better representation.

I'll leave to others the discussion of whether the AM or AM2 is a proper proxy ... but I did plan to do a Finnish T-55 after completing the T-72M1. However, when I read Finland's tanks weren't T-55A's, I decided a plain green one with Finnish roundels was sufficient for me. I might revisit the idea if there were more than tepid interest.

FWIW, the T-55A and T-55AM use the same skin file in SB, so if you do one, you've got the other. 

SS_03_13_56.jpg

Edited by Splash
Add screenshot

Interesting, good to know they all use one file.

It's definitely something I'd like to have so that all the T-55s don't look totally identical.  As to which one for when and what...

I think the "vanilla" T-55 most LOOKS like the Finn T-55M upgrades, but the AM2 with it's better fire control might be a more accurate approximation of gunnery capability, although the BDD "Brow" armor was never on Finnish T-55's.

5 hours ago, Maj.Hans said:

Interesting, good to know they all use one file.

Not "all." The A and AM use the same file. The AM2 uses a separate one -- for which, unfortunately, there is no layered photoshop template available at present. (Dejawolf's T-55 template uploaded by DarkAngel is for the T55A_AM_soviet, and does not include layers for parts unique to the AM2 texture.)

Posted (edited)

Guys can you help me, there is the Austrian Leo 2A4 skin in downloads section since 2009 or so. It has no turret roof file, so when you are in F7 view you see a totaly different roof. Thats not cool :(

I try several times to make a roof myself by overpainting other 2A4 roofs i downloaded. but it doesnt work or fails :( I cant do it.

Can someone repaint me a 2A4 roof with the 2A4 colour from the austrian leo 2A4 skin please? It is probably easy if you know what you do.

This is the skin mod by Hackworth -> 

Edited by Pandur