3D modding Question.

Marko

Hi Guy's

Why do you think Esim Object to fans off this Great Sim modding vehicles to resemble say a CR2 or a T90.we are a small group of enthusiasts i dont see how this could affect Esims core Business there military contracts as the military's in question probably would not allow there staff to down load such additions. We are lucky to have some very talented skinners in are Small community.And i am sure if approval from Esim was given to say members of this site some of whom have been beta testers in the past. some great models could be created.

As regards fire control and other aspects off the Sim goes im sure some artistic licence Could be used ie May be just the GPS from say a leo2 as the sight off say a CR2 I dont feel This would harm the realism off the Sim as it would be a individual choice whether or not to down load and use model.

I would say that making a 3D model is one thing, but adding it to the programming is an entirely different story. You have to map controls to it, come up with a damage model, etc.

If members of the community were able to do this, then I think to some extent the fidelity/accuracy of the Sim would be at risk.

Hi Guy's

Why do you think Esim Object to fans off this Great Sim modding vehicles to resemble say a CR2 or a T90.we are a small group of enthusiasts i dont see how this could affect Esims core Business there military contracts as the military's in question probably would not allow there staff to down load such additions. We are lucky to have some very talented skinners in are Small community.And i am sure if approval from Esim was given to say members of this site some of whom have been beta testers in the past. some great models could be created.

As regards fire control and other aspects off the Sim goes im sure some artistic licence Could be used ie May be just the GPS from say a leo2 as the sight off say a CR2 I dont feel This would harm the realism off the Sim as it would be a individual choice whether or not to down load and use model.

Submitted models would probably have poly counts way too high. Im no expert but I think this would start to screw with the stability of this program. Deja would probably tell you that it is a very special art form to do visually interesting models with a low polygonal count. He should know as he can work in both styles. Visit several 3d modelers sites and you'll see that there are indeed some incredible modelers out there but would these models be suitable for running in game environments thats another question.

I would say that making a 3D model is one thing, but adding it to the programming is an entirely different story. You have to map controls to it, come up with a damage model, etc.

If members of the community were able to do this, then I think to some extent the fidelity/accuracy of the Sim would be at risk.

I Agree adding a completely new model would be very difficult.

But may be we could manipulate the current model's. I wont pretend to have much knowledge In this area. but i have seen it done before in microprose's Gunship i know it Used a Different Graphic engine and AI. But before the game faded away there was a huge project Called Sands of time they Evan managed to import Models from other Sims.

I am not saying we should try some thing like that. As it is illegal. But just stating it can be Done. What i am trying to say is it possible to visually modify a existing model to resemble a different vehicle.

Check out this site it gives some great info on adding and modding models

www.simwarrior.com/gunship/index.html