Signing off

12Alfa

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update.

I'm fine other than being shot at, ied'ed and rocket being shot in my general direction. Getting around the country, seeing places,people, and generally causing as much mayhem as possible.

It's f*&*^&^%ing hot here. Last foot ptl it was 55c in the shade, and its not summer yet!!

12Alfa

Got in a little mess as you can see:biggrin:

PIC00015.jpg.5edd3289e797c4275eff928dfbc

PIC00015.jpg.5edd3289e797c4275eff928dfbc

12Alfa,

Yeah, the heat is picking up. We had to crank up the AC again today. Also, we've run out of hot water in the showers (electrical problems), they only had one kind of ice cream at the DFAC for lunch, and Timmy's ran out of donuts again.

Misery loves company. :)

You airforce boys are really hurtin.:eek2:

No a/c in the tent last night, awaken by incoming, no water for the last 2 days, and tims is a network system that dosen't work . Last ice cream i had 2 weeks ago was just a tub of cream.

I may put in to transfer to the AF:cul:

On the up side , just 5 more months to go.:biggrin:

Quick update.

I'm fine other than being shot at, ied'ed and rocket being shot in my general direction. Getting around the country, seeing places,people, and generally causing as much mayhem as possible.

It's f*&*^&^%ing hot here. Last foot ptl it was 55c in the shade, and its not summer yet!!

12Alfa

Got in a little mess as you can see:biggrin:

"Not to self, avoid ditches"

At least it didn't go all the way over.

Shall we send you a box of krispy kremes?

You airforce boys are really hurtin.:eek2:

LOL, Mog was joking with me that when you're in the AF, it's never really THAT bad.

According to international press, KAF was nearly overrun by insurgents a few days ago. I wonder who's going to win the Pulitzer for that work of fiction. Still, it caused a little bit of excitement for a few hours. Nothing like you have to deal with on a daily basis.

Story.

They say "One Team, One Mission", but everyone I work with knows that it's the guys on the ground that are doing all the heavy lifting. A fact that we are all reminded of only too often, as was the case the other day.

Deepest respects, and many safe returns to you and your boys.