Contacts on map

Emi

Could appear only the player's icon on the map? no partner and no enemy, only the player. Is this possible?

sorry for my english :)

Pregunto, por si alguien lo traduce mejor, si existe la posibilidad de que en el mapa de operaciones durante el juego solo se actualice el contacto de nuestro vehiculo, y no se actualicen el resto de contactos.

Gracias anticipadas por vuestras respuestas

I write my question in Spanish, if someone can translate it better

thanks

There is a damage type for "map view" in the mission editor, but I'm not sure if it is operational at this time. I tested something with this damage type briefly last night, but was unable to discern an effect. The test was not extensive, so take the above with a grain of salt.

On re-test, the map view damage does work (both direct and with penalty zone). I must have goofed the switch or something in the previous test. The platoon that was hit with the penalty lost the ability to use the F5 view entirely. :shocked:

Little extreme for what you are asking, but as Hedgehog pointed out - switching off map updates can give you a lot of interesting tactical options.

Edited by DrDevice

The idea is that our vehicles are shown on the map, and other vehicles not shown, even if we find detected.

so, use of artillery is more fun.

It seems that is not implemented in the editor. we can only have contacts (all contacts) or none at all.

So if this could be implemented would be very interesting

Thanks for yours answer.

One option would be to dissable your vehicles radio so you can see yourself on the map but you will not receive or send any updates about contacts.

This way you can see yourself on the map but not the rest of new contacts.

Hope this helps :biggrin:

EMI, puedes hacer que tus vehiculos salgan con la Radio averiada de tal forma que no puedan ni enviar ni recibir contactos enemigos y por lo tanto no los veras en el mapa aunque tu posicion en tu mapa si se actualiza.