New purchase

Raven434th

I recently purchased Steelbeasts but have yet to recieve it in the mail,I noticed the price has dropped considerably since I purchased and I'm wondering (since I don't see a way of cancelling my order)if I can get a rebate or credit :confused:Also,how does one find out "where" their purchase is??

• Administrators

Orders usually ship within a day of ordering. They are shipped via USPS, and can take up to two weeks to show up (but usually its much less). USPS does not provide a tracking number. Unfortunately, I think you are out of luck on the price cut.

I had intended to purchase 2 copies one for me ,one for a buddy,thought by offsetting the purchase it would be less shock to the wallet.Now I'm reconcidering the second purchase...I might change my mind if 2 discounts can be applied to the second purchase.Seems fair,what say you.

• Administrators

What I would suggest is to buy the additional license for $25 for your buddy. It would require you both have net access and port forwarding set up so his computer could get your extra license, but it would be far cheaper that way! The other caviat would be that you would both have to be online for him to play.

So ssnake,are you saying that you will apply the $25 discount on BOTH copies if i buy the second one...please check the first post to clarify the issue.If "yes" then I will consider the second "full" purchase for my buddy.BTW...nothin in the mail today...gettin kinda anxious.

Some people amazes me. He ordered knowing the price was 125 USD (The price the most of us has paid) and now because he cannot get an extra discount he cancel the first order and blames E-sims on this. :eek2:

Not that he didn't know the price at the time of the order was 125 USD. lol

LOL I bought my copy 1 year ago but since the price has droped I want a discount or I will call Visa. :debile2: :debile2:

Thanks raven you made me smile :diable:

Not the same thing...I haven't recieved my order,nor do I see an option to cancel an order or postpone inorder to "reorder".$50 is certainly worth the effort.I had misgivings to begin with about paying $125.00 x2 for what I can already get in other sims for far less(and get more out of them I might add,ie Arma with ACE2).The fact that I was dismissed so readily and basically told "tuff luck buddy" over the matter of a couple days on something that I have'nt even recieved yet ,turned me sour and made me reconsider being a paying customer.I may also say that I may not even have a choice in the matter depending on how visa see's it.I may well be in fact a "reluctant owner " of SB pro.I say that now only because I've never played the thing.Why esim can't say "sure bud,thanks for buyin 2 copies of our product and oh btw were knockin off the 50$ for our promotion cause ya bought 2 is beyond me.I mean were only talkin days here...probably less if you consider that the promotion was probably in the minds of the dev's at the time I purchased it.Anyway...whats done is done.I'll think twice next time.

• Moderators

Well, I can see what you mean, and don't take it that anyone was telling you to "F off", as that is certainly not the case.

You have to remember that the price is non negotiable. There really isn't a nice way to say that I guess, especially when someone wants to haggle the price of a product. I mean, lets think about it --where does it end? You bought the product a "few days" before the price was decreased, but what about the people who bought it a week before? Even more importantly, what about the people who bought it way back when it was $150, and what about those who have been around from the very beginning who purchased SB1, then SB Pro PE for $150, and then the $25 update (an update which you now get for free in your copy)? This kind of stuff discourages any sort of price drop in the first place, and out of fairness to all past customers, the only approach that can be taken is to have the price non negotiable at the time of purchase. Just try to see it from the the other side of the fence, so to speak.

Having said that, you can try emailing or PM'ing Ssnake, as he is the one who would be able to help you, if possible. I can assure you that no one wants any SB customers to be upset and/or dissatisfied with their purchase, so he will do everything within his ability to help you -- but it may very well be possible that nothing can be done, I don't know. Hopefully that helps or, at the very least, explains the situation a little better.

Well,it was ssnakes reply that kinda implied that a reasonable solution was being presented,which is why I asked for clarification FROM HIM...I mean its simple really,apply the promotion to the second purchase to compensate for the first...too easy...what do they loose?Nothing,they already are willing to reduce the price for new business.Which I am.Had I already recieved my copy BEFORE the promotion,I'd of left it alone.But I haven't even got it yet.It's still in my mind a tranaction between two parties which hasn't yet reached completion.Its all principle now.I mean ,if you were at a store and handed over a 100.00 dollar bill for a item,and before they handed the item back to you reduced the price to 75.00,what would you say?...........gimme my f'n 25.00 back!! is what you'd say!!...hahahah

• Members

I don't understand why you haven't contacted me again by email. I thought we had found a deal that was acceptable, but apparently you'd rather discuss it in public. So, this is what happened.

You voluntarily bought SB Pro PE for $125.-

After we shipped your copy we reduced the price.

You complained, and I offered a you free upgrade in August (worth $25.-), which you accepted.

You could have bought another copy for your buddy for $100.- and would have paid just once for upgrading two licenses. In the end, $125 + $100 + $25 = $250.-

Now you cancel the order, and buy two copies, so that's $200.- now and 2 x $25.- later for the coming upgrade. Yeah... you'll save big time.

Don't get me wrong. I know that 125.- for a computer game is really expensive if you compare it with computer games. Steel Beasts Pro PE isn't being advertised as a game (though lots of people have proven that one can have lots of fun with it).

Then again, for a high fidelity simulation this is dirt cheap. There simply is no other simulation available that covers as many contemporary armored vehicles and with even just a remotely similar degree of fidelity.

So the question is what you are seeking in it - Quake on tracks, or a serious study simulation. If the former, Battlefield 2 and similar shooter games are made for you that also have tanks. If it is about understanding armored combat vehicles, the different fire control systems, their capabilities and limitations, and what the consequences are for their tactical employment, chances are that you'll spend three to five times more with SB Pro than with your average shooter game, at which point SB Pro actually becomes cheaper when looking at the price per play time.

So, please consider not just the price, but also the value of the software. This is a highly subjective thing, and that's why no price for any good and service could possibly be validated. What's the value of a cup of water - it depends very much on where you are and what the situation is. In the middle of a desert you might trade a Ferrari for it.

We set the price deliberately well above all other computer games so that people will think twice before they buy about what they want, and whether SB Pro PE will deliver what they are expecting of it. It is supposed to deter impulse buyers who may later regret that SB Pro PE is not a game and they got something different than what they expected.

I know that $125.- are a lot of money. I remember very well how long and hard my mom had to work for a sum like that, and you will never hear me saying that this is a paltry sum.

Then again, SB Pro PE certainly is a luxury item. Life is quite possible without it (though maybe not desirable). People who own a PC that is capable of running the software have already demonstrated that they have disposable income which allows the purchase of such a piece of software. I'm trying to accommodate each and every one of our customers, to find individual solutions where they are needed. But not at any cost.

eSim Games is not a charity organization, it's a business, and we need to make a living out of it. If the company isn't profitable, it will exit from the market, and with it Steel Beasts Pro would disappear. I am not ashamed of asking a lot of money from everyone of our customer because I take pride in our work, and I am convinced that what we do is worth every penny that we're asking for it.

I have NO IDEA what your talking about...I HAVE NOT repeat NOT...recieved any word on the matter other than here.WHERE is this email...and where and what was sent to reduce the price tag???Theres nothing in my inbox from the forum,no email...nada.This is public because its a support form for customers.I see no private message anywhere here.I've had NO other avenue other than here to discuss it.If you've made good on your offer...show me where and how and I'll shut up.

Just to make sure...I've double checked both my email accounts.Its 6:09 atlantic time here and nothing from esim anywhere.No private message either.What am I missing???

And how can I accept something if I never got it?...WHO did the accepting???????????...now I'm really pissed cause your implying that my account is being confused with someone else...which should NOT happen with VISA.

• Moderators
I have NO IDEA what your talking about...I HAVE NOT repeat NOT...recieved any word on the matter other than here.WHERE is this email...and where and what was sent to reduce the price tag???Theres nothing in my inbox from the forum,no email...nada.This is public because its a support form for customers.I see no private message anywhere here.I've had NO other avenue other than here to discuss it.If you've made good on your offer...show me where and how and I'll shut up.

I don't get it, are you reading the posts? Ssnake asked you why you haven't emailed him about it, he didn't say he sent you an email. Step back, take a deep breath...