Operation Ratcatcher

Tacbat

hermann_ruft_forum.jpg

All,

This is a heads up so you can mark off the 29th of May on your calendar to participate in Operation Ratcatcher with PzBtl 911 if all the work is done and it's ready to go.

More details will become available as we move towards the end of the month, but here is some info to whet your appetite:

-It will be like a "Long Night of Tanks", but it will be more of a campaign style in the vein of the Red Leopard Campaign which will be run in one night.

-The battle will take place on some very large maps (upwards of 50x50) Google Overview

As a head start, you can download Manteuffel's Hannover map from here.

Those of you who played Red Leopard know how good Manteuffel's maps are.

-Some clips for your enjoyment:

Two

A lot of time and effort has been invested in putting this together, so a good turn out from the community would go a long way in supporting future endeavors of this nature.

More to follow...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THAT is the step beyond Red Leopard, what we are planing for LNoT!

A 6 to 8 h Brigade vs Division Sce.!!!

We have to test it (Test runs on next Sunnday)

What is it about:

- 1 mech. Division for Red in Attack

- 1 Tank Brigade(+) for Blue in Defence

- Real Time Reserve

- Realistic (35x50 km) Map

BUT we need Time to test and make it save for LNoT.

So, 29th of May is the Target, but don´t nail us to this Date !!

We try and if this is fix we´ll let you know.

THAT is the step beyond Red Leopard, what we are planing for LNoT!

A 6 to 8 h Brigade vs Division Sce.!!!

We have to test it (Test runs on next Sunnday)

What is it about:

- 1 mech. Division for Red in Attack

- 1 Tank Brigade(+) for Blue in Defence

- Real Time Reserve

- Realistic (35x50 km) Map

BUT we need Time to test and make it save for LNoT.

So, 29th of May is the Target, but don´t nail us to this Date !!

We try and if this is fix we´ll let you know.

P.S.: @Volcano: Missing Bridges are tactical Elements.......

• Moderators

P.S.: @Volcano: Missing Bridges are tactical Elements.......

That may be, but for god sakes, just mention it to Manteuffel lol. I am not talking about missing bridges per se, I am talking about bridges that don't extend all the way to the other side of the river. In the editor the road itself is in the water where the bridge does not extend to; it is the "bridge roads" feature that caused it, not some intentional action.

I just don't get it; he obviously put probably hundreds of hours into that map and the "bridge roads" feature is what has caused it those wacky bridge problems and it looks sloppy. It is a shame for him not to fix it, and not mentioning it to him just doesn't do him any justice. Whether he wants to fix it in a separate map version or not, I don't care.

A couple of questions though:

1) Why a Mech Division for Red vs. a Tank Brigade for Blue? It was hard enough with Red having a Tank Div, I can't see any chance they would have if they were mech heavy instead?

2) Are you guys using Teamspeak 3 yet?

For those of us that have not participated on the Red Leopard campaing, can you please explain if this is a H2H or a cooperative campain?

In case it would be a H2H, what would be the human controlled vehicles since in SB we still do not have any OPFOR human controllable vehicle to face the advanced Leos or Abrams?

I know this campaing is still in development, but in our VU we are quite interested on it, so any extra general info about how it would be organized, would be most welcomed.

:)

[...]

A couple of questions though:

1) Why a Mech Division for Red vs. a Tank Brigade for Blue? It was hard enough with Red having a Tank Div, I can't see any chance they would have if they were mech heavy instead?

2) Are you guys using Teamspeak 3 yet?[/...]

1: Red use one mechInfBrig with ASLAV PC; one mechInfBrig with M 2 and one TankBrig with Leo 1A5. Red have a independent TankBat with Leo 2A4 and all other Units a mechInfDiv Red has to have. Most of them are crewable.

But they are not all on the Map when we start !!

2: Yes we do.

For those of us that have not participated on the Red Leopard campaing, can you please explain if this is a H2H or a cooperative campain?

In case it would be a H2H, what would be the human controlled vehicles since in SB we still do not have any OPFOR human controllable vehicle to face the advanced Leos or Abrams?

I know this campaing is still in development, but in our VU we are quite interested on it, so any extra general info about how it would be organized, would be most welcomed.

:)

Yes a H2H, the biggest ever!

We´ll set up a List, where you can register. This will happen when all the Test are finished.

Manteuffel and I will keep you up to date here in the Forum.

@Volcano: keep cool with the bridges.

There is a tester on the map equiped with a ASLAV. In hoping to find all bridges where you have made bad experience :)

@Furia: I give you a list where you and your VU can sign in and reserve a Coy or more.

The Information about the political Situation at present or something about the Operation or Vehicles are coming soon.