Hello to all!

warlimont

hello to all here. brand new to the forum

and awaiting my copy of sb pro pe.

i hope the older members will be patient with this noobie.

i would like some recommendations if you have the time,

on which mods and scenarios i might look at first.

thank you,

warlimont

Welcome aboard! I would recommend going through each of the tutorials at least once. After that there is a scenario called "Tanks" or maybe its "Tanks Pro PE" in the download section of this website, that most folks think is pretty good for learning the basics. Multi player is the best teacher, IMO. There is a big MP game every Fri night at 9 PM US central time, so try to join that when you can. Experience isnt required to join or have a good time.

Mog

Welcome aboard! I would recommend going through each of the tutorials at least once. After that there is a scenario called "Tanks" or maybe its "Tanks Pro PE" in the download section of this website, that most folks think is pretty good for learning the basics.

All true - but don't take "good for learning the basics" to mean "easy". You're up against nine (or is it seven?) bad guys in Tanks, so it's awfully common to get whacked by something you never saw.

Stay with it, watch the AARs after you get killed and notice where the shot came from. After you die thirty to seventy times, you'll have an idea what dangerous ground looks like. ;)

You will probably get 2.460 in the package, then you'll want to download the 2.483 update once you've installed the game. Then you'll be good to go until the next release sometime this summer or thereabouts.

The Tanks ProPe scenario is great for practicing, and as mentioned, play all the tutorials then I'd suggest focusing on one vehicle at a time and getting good at them. You also want to play the Tank Range as your scores there have an influence on the in-game AI gunner scores, if I recall correctly.

And do come play on Friday night, 10 PM Eastern time. The more the merrier!

hello to all here. brand new to the forum

and awaiting my copy of sb pro pe.

i hope the older members will be patient with this noobie.

i would like some recommendations if you have the time,

on which mods and scenarios i might look at first.

thank you,

warlimont

Just browse the downloads section for the available mods, just be aware that there were several new 3d models introduced with v 2.46 so not all skins will be applicable. Make sure to read the manual so you will understand the file structure for mod installation. I would recommend getting JSGME ( Jones Software Generic Mod enabler) to simplify mod installation. Most of the mod downloads will have a jpeg included so you can see what you're getting.

Just browse the downloads section for the available mods, just be aware that there were several new 3d models introduced with v 2.46 so not all skins will be applicable. Make sure to read the manual so you will understand the file structure for mod installation. I would recommend getting JSGME ( Jones Software Generic Mod enabler) to simplify mod installation. Most of the mod downloads will have a jpeg included so you can see what you're getting.

thanks for the comment on jsgme. ive used it for several war-sims and like it a lot.