I would need some help for the Tournament scenario

Furia

Hi.

I would appreciate some help on the Tournament scenario regarding the scoring system.

Last year I tried to implement the scoring calculation within the same scenario but it didn't worked good, so we finally agreed to do the scoring calculation manually at the scenario end.

I would like to have an automatic scoring on the scenario but I really have no idea how to make it work. I tried all the procedures I found on the manual and spent one week trying to make it work. I am not a noob scenario creator but this scoring system on SB is still a mistery to me.

I do not want to delay the tournament start because of this. So if it is not possible to make it work we will use the AAR to make the score manually.

However if there is a really talented and skilled scenario editor that is willing to help on this, he would be more than welcome.

You can fin the scenario and the scoring rules on THIS POST

OK just read some of your scoring. Some is easy to do such as the score for what is destroyed. However there isn't a way (that I know of) to check for fratricides.

Yeah this is the issue we had and could not fix last year. How to deduct the 50 points for each fraticide kill.

Initially I tried to give a "score of -50 points" to each own side killed vehicle, considering that this is the score given to that specific side. However I tested it and the ingame score didn't relected that subtraction of -50 points.

In theory and according to the simulator manual this should be possible but I cannot make it work for me. :confused:

If you find a way to make it work we would be most thankful!! :biggrin:

As far as I'm aware its not possible to do direct -ve scoring either. The only way I know to do it is by assigning a score if the logic isn't true. So for example.

If you want the friendly side to lose 50 points if a unit is destroyed:-

Baseline 0% destroyed 50 points

penalty 1point per % max 50 points.

If the unit survives you get 50 points otherwise you get 0 points.

Thanks DarkAngel.

However this does not sort out our trouble since the idea would be that the scenario final score was adapted to the tournament score policy.

It is important for us that fraticide is penalized by -50 point each friendly vehicle killed but of course no killing any, would mean no extra bonus in points.

Said in simply. if you kill enemies you get X points. If you kill friendlies, you get points deducted from the score.

I have the feeling this should be doable but for some reason I do not understand why when a killed unit is credited with -50 points why this -50 points are not deducted from the score.

Lol it is a simple mathematical issue but somehow I cannot manage to make it work in SB.

Furia,

Wouldn't it be easier to modify the rules of the tournament to fit the SB scoring system, rather than the other way around?

I understand the concept you are aiming for and why, but it seems SB doesn't have a natural way to penalize fratricide. On the practical side, how many players actually commited a frat during the last tournament? Is wrestling with the scoring system worth the effort?

Furia,

Wouldn't it be easier to modify the rules of the tournament to fit the SB scoring system, rather than the other way around?

I understand the concept you are aiming for and why, but it seems SB doesn't have a natural way to penalize fratricide. On the practical side, how many players actually commited a frat during the last tournament? Is wrestling with the scoring system worth the effort?

You would be surprised how mauch fraticide we had, since visibility was poor and people was trigger happy. Ai vehicles are moving at high speed and sometimes is not easy to recognice them and some player preferred to fire.

The penalty is an important element for the Tournament balance. If not possible to fix we will do as we did last year. People would send me the AAR file and I would do the score manually.

NP we are not 100 players :debile2:

Furia,

Have you considered using the "Gunnery Points" under the "User Score"? Using the Kills box, you could assign a baseline of 5 kills, with a max score of 100, then impose a Penalty of 20 points per kill. That way if a team only makes 4 kills, they would only get 80 points. Then, you can include a fratricide penalty of 50 points to a maximum of 100 points.

Of course, each kill would be worth 20 points, which isn't what you were trying to achieve, but maybe this might be easier for you to keep track of.

Hi Tacbat.

Thanks for the idea.

However I feel the Tournament "sprit" and balance is well accomplished with the score policy and I think would not do good to alter it in order to accomodate it to the editor scoring limitations.

Since anyway I would have to review all AAR and manually add the scores into the scoreboard excelsheet, I prefer to do it all manually and keep the Tournament scores balanced.

I was hoping I could make the editor score system to adapt to my needs but I prefer to keep the score policy the way it is even if I have to make the scoring manually.

Thanks anyway :)