trip to the museum

fidelthefallguy

Last week I took a long awaited trip to the Canadian armed forces museum in Calgary. My main reason for the trip was to see the Yugoslavian T72 they have as a gate guard. They also have a M113, A Crocodile (Churchill mk. VIII with a flame thrower ), a Chieftain , Bren gun carrier, a Ferret and a few others I can not remember. Inside they have a Sherman and some other smaller AFV's, along with a few aircraft including a CF-5. The star though had to be the Seafire ( naval version of the Spitfire mk 5 I think ) but unfortunately its wings where folded so no chance of a good pic, still cool though. They boast a number of galleries covering the history and actions of the Canadian Military through out its history. The Navel section has some really really big guns, while the galleries offer a chance to see some rear personal weapons such a the Stg 44 and other historic weaponry Well worth a visit for anyone passing through. If your a member of a common wealth armed force or a retired veteran you and our family can get in for free. all others Its $12ca. Here are some of the pix I got. The images are a bit big as I did not want to lose the detail that I got ( not much as they where taken with my cell phone ( don't trust the wife to pack the camera next time!))

IMG00052.jpg

IMG00055.jpg

IMG00058.jpg

IMG00061.jpg

IMG00063.jpg

IMG00073.jpg

IMG00079.jpg

IMG00084.jpg

IMG00099.jpg

IMG00100.jpg

Edited by fidelthefallguy