If your dongle is not working, please read this

delaney

• Members

Licenses don't disappear from CM sticks. Please contact me by email. When you do so, please run CmDUST first (Start... All Programs... CodeMeter... Tools), and attach the resulting CmDustResult.log file to your mail. My address is my forum name here @ my avatar image .com

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm trying to install my copy of SB but I can't get the CodeMeter software to install. Everything works fine until CM stick install gets stuck at a point where installation program says "Starting Services... Service: Codemeter Runtime Service" It stays in that point for a while and then interrupts the install saying that installation ended prematurely because of an error.

I'm running Windows 8 Pro 64bit

EDIT: I managed to get it working by downloading the CodeMeter software straight from the CM's website. Apparently there's something between the version I have on the disk 4.0b and my OS or some other software on computer.

Edited by Rosmarus
Issue solved

• 2 months later...
Also you may want to upgrade your CodeMeter firmware.
FYI, the SB Pro PE 3.0 release will ship with the latest (2013-09-19 as time of writing) CodeMeter Runtime 5.0d. This version comes with some new (optional, not used for SB) features which would require CM firmware 2.02 or up.

One of these features is that the USB stick can be configured to show up as HID device instead of HDD, which might be nice if you want to avoid file access to the USB stick.

Edit:

Note that it is NOT necessary to update your firmware to 2.02 in order to use it with CodeMeter 5.0d! This info here is only for those who WANT to update their firmware and don't know how to do it.

So if you're in possession of an "older" CM dongle USB stick with a 1.x firmware, you will probably want to update your firmware.

To do so, open your CM Control Center (while your dongle is plugged in), select the "License" tab and click on your dongle to select/highlight it. Next, check your firmware version on the righthand side, and in case it is below 2.02, click the "circular arrow" button to the right of it to perform a firmware update:

CMFirmwareUpdate.png

Edited by dunc
typo

"Error: An internal error has occurred. Please try again later. Error Code = 0x18080001"

This is the message I get when I try to update my CM dongle from the sent license update email.

When I try to use the update to 2.0 firmware, it does a quick check and says I have the most current version, 1.18 and no need to update. Yes, I have installed the version 5.0 Codemeter updated firmware.

I have turned off Norton and ensured ActiveX and Java are enabled. Please help so I may dig into 3.0 soonest.

Thanks,

Matt

Edited by StrykerPSG

If it is a server message, it indicates that the web server has a problem - not your computer. I'll contact WIbu Support about it, but they are gone for the weekend. If the server doesn't "heal itself" help will have to wait until Monday.

WHY? WHY ME? LOL! Figures. Never had an issue with this process and now that 3.0 is out and it's the weekend, something happens. Though I'm curious why i'm the only one it happened too? Just saying....

Anyway, I'll continue to try and cruising the forum too. I cc'ed you my email to their support as well, so you're in the loop.

Congrats on the release. i'm looking forward to seeing what's new and improved.

Matt

Any idea what this means. Copied from Dongle log.

2013-09-23 16:39:50: Executing Broadcast for CodeMeter License Servers

2013-09-23 16:39:51: Entry (5000173:71091) not found - Event WB0200 (ENTRY NOT FOUND), Request IP-Address local(IPV6)

2013-09-23 16:39:51: API Error 200 (ENTRY NOT FOUND) occurred!

Purchased 1 month license and 3.0 has worked fine over the past 2 days. Now Steel Beast cannot start.

WHY? WHY ME? LOL! Figures. Never had an issue with this process and now that 3.0 is out and it's the weekend, something happens. Though I'm curious why i'm the only one it happened too? Just saying....

Anyway, I'll continue to try and cruising the forum too. I cc'ed you my email to their support as well, so you're in the loop.

Congrats on the release. i'm looking forward to seeing what's new and improved.

Matt

noy just you its alot of others with this code error me included

below instruction solved my problems. This should work for others with same API Error 200.

Thanks for the prompt services at ESIM and WiBu.

So I would recommend that the latest runtime is reinstalled per these “best practices”. Note that removing the CodeMeter runtime properly will should not remove the CodeMeterAct licenses. CodeMeterAct licenses consist of a series of encrypted files in the CodeMeter installation folder, so not deleting the remaining folders after removal will not harm the license files.

- Remove the CodeMeter dongle(s) if used.

- Make sure you have top level system admin access to the computer. If on a domain, and in a domain admin group, make sure the particular system is granting system admin status to domain admin group.

- Remove the CodeMeter runtime through the operating system control panel. If you find more than one installation of the CodeMeter runtime, remove them too. There should never be more than one installation of the CodeMeter runtime on any system or they will compete for the hardware.

- Reboot.

- Go to http://www.wibu.com/downloads-user-software.html and download the latest executable installer for the CodeMeter runtime, selecting the version respective to the system.

- Right-click the executable installer and select "run as admin" and be sure to select “Install for all users”.

- plug the CodeMeter device back in if used.

A properly installed CodeMeter runtime, with no changes in settings will run as a service by default, and these CodeMeterAct licenses should work.

John S Battista

Technical Support

WIBU-Systems USA, Inc.

Edited by ChanceBS
added tech support credit

Ssnake that solution you asked me to try has worked successfully.

The dongle updated with the link you asked me to try and then I tried my email link for the original purchase and it worked.

Many thanks to you and all who helped solve the problem heres hoping that this solution will help the others in the same boat.

cheers

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I removed my CM stick from my rig (where's it's plugged in 24/7) to use it on my laptop. Later when I plugged it back into my rig, the stick became hot to the touch. Now I cannot run SB and get the following:

[ATTACH]12598[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12601[/ATTACH]

When I tried following the steps in the sticky I got this error message as well:

CmRmtAct64:fatal error WB12 - Error during creation of context file: CmContainer not found, Error 201.

Mods, please remove images if private info is being revealed.

cmFail75.jpg.ccc1474b9d3c7142829c7580bcb

cmFail275bx.jpg.323a3322053d55000a36c2c0

• 2 weeks later...

I received my CMstick replacement today and I'm glad Windows detects it again, but I'm getting a "SBProPEcm.exe:Start Error, CodeMeter error: Please ensure your CM stick is securely in a USB port."

I updated firmware to 2.02 and even uninstalled and reinstalled both CodeMeter and SB3.02. The Codemeter Webadmin shows that the CmContainer for ESIMGAMES is disabled. CodeMeter Control Center does list the CmStick and ESIMGAMES but do I need to activate it and create a license request or import one?

What am I forgetting to do?

• Members

Unless you had a one month license that ran out, forget about the "32767-xxxxxx ESIMGAMES" container. That's the virtual CM stick only used for time-based licenses.

You received a replacement stick? Then it's empty, and you need a license ticket to re-apply the licenses that you bought in the past. Please contact me by email, if I haven't sent you the ticket already.

I received my CMstick replacement today and I'm glad Windows detects it again, but I'm getting a "SBProPEcm.exe:Start Error, CodeMeter error: Please ensure your CM stick is securely in a USB port."

I updated firmware to 2.02 and even uninstalled and reinstalled both CodeMeter and SB3.02. The Codemeter Webadmin shows that the CmContainer for ESIMGAMES is disabled. CodeMeter Control Center does list the CmStick and ESIMGAMES but do I need to activate it and create a license request or import one?

What am I forgetting to do?

Iam having the same issue. After udating to 1.18 Iam also getting

"CodeMeter error: Please ensure your CM stick is securely in a USB port."

• 2 months later...
Hi

Updated to 3.0 today. 2.640 worked fine with the CMstick.

Martin,

So by "updated" do you mean you downloaded the new software AND bought and installed the license upgrade?

You received an email from eSim with a link to your new license?

Or are you trying to run the new software on the same license as you ran 2.640 on?