If your dongle is not working, please read this

delaney

I don't understand, but as long as you got things working I'm glad! :)

I assume you don't need my license anymore so I'll go ahead and take the server down. Let me know if you need anything else.

Heh, you're SeanPatrick... but some other guy named Sean emailed me with instructions, to add another server address to CCC... sean AT seans.info

I wasn't sure if that was you as well, but I think it may have been Sean, the Steelbeasts.com forum administrator. He setup a trial period on a license for me to use. Different address, and without using Hamachi that time. BUT, Hamachi worked just fine, and provided a nice and secure method for borrowing.

That was a wee bit confusing for a moment, but it's all OK now, and once again thankyou for helping me gather some information and using your spare license SeanPatrick!

I will remove your server address from my CodeMeter WebAdmin settings.

eSim games emailed me this AM to mail my stick in. They called WIBU on the phone and were told that the symptoms I had, were a fault in the stick, with no means to fix it myself.

:-(

Still, I'm paitent, and will wait for the replacement!

:-)

Snappy

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, it was. I've been meaning to change my screen name to avoid such confusion, but to do that I have to re-register as a new member and I've been putting it off. Oh, well. No time like the present!

Pfft!

Anyways, I dropped my WIBU CodeMeter stick off with Canada Post today, the shipping back to California was so cheap, I did it AIR. $7. Unfortunately, I don't think the service I chose has a tracking number (which makes no sense), but it is insured for $100. PO BOX. Aptos, CA. My fingers are crossed.

Must be a suburb, just not one I've ever heard of!

It's been "years" since I played the sim, and even then, I had a hard time getting the practise in. Can't wait to do some tank busting again!

Snappy

• 4 weeks later...

ALL:

My dongle wasn't working, had an error that was deemed "broken".

I sent it out to the California address awhile back, and a new dongle arrived today.

It was empty of the SBProPE license, but after emailing eSim Games (this time it was Ssnake), within a few minutes he responded (heck it's 1AM there right now)!

Through my web browser, that is setup with Java, a new license was applied.

I then upgraded to the latest version, which went just as smooth, and the newer license was also applied.

EVERYTHING IS NOW WORKING, was very easy to do!

Snappy

• 2 weeks later...

My doggle decided its not going to work anymore, there is no files on it and all i get is "SBProPRCM.exe Start Error"

Not happy with the whole dongle thing at all and its putting me right off steel beasts.

Tried everything on the first post of this Message.

• 1 month later...

I searched first and could not find what I am sure is an already-posted question, so I apologize for any repeats.

Once I buy SBPro PE, if I happen to skip one or more upgrades later on, can I eventually skip them and pay for a jump up to the latest upgrade, or do I have to pay for every intermediate upgrade that I missed?

My PC and OS are AMD 4400+ dual-core with 3GB ram, Windows 7 Pro.

I'm wondering if my video card is good enough:

My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS,

total available graphics memory 1535 MB,

256 MB dedicated video memory,

system video 0 MB,

shared system memory 1279MB

BIOS information: version 5.41.2.49.2

Thank you.

BTW, I saw a post somewhere that you've got four graphics designers now (?), and a huge number of new features or improvements, and the next upgrade is to be in June 2013 (?), which would seem like a good time to purchase the game.

I searched first and could not find what I am sure is an already-posted question, so I apologize for any repeats.

Once I buy SBPro PE, if I happen to skip one or more upgrades later on, can I eventually skip them and pay for a jump up to the latest upgrade, or do I have to pay for every intermediate upgrade that I missed?

Thank you.

Yes you can stay on say 2.654 and then in 3 years say jump to 2.9xx (skipping 2.7XX, 2.8xx, etc.) [entirely a guess on my part as to future version numbers] and pay for the one upgrade

If you leave it that long though you may need to get firmware updates for dongles and a bunch of other stuff ($0 but more mucking around) as well as the new license.

My PC and OS are AMD 4400+ dual-core with 3GB ram, Windows 7 Pro.

I'm wondering if my video card is good enough:

My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS,

total available graphics memory 1535 MB,

256 MB dedicated video memory,

system video 0 MB,

shared system memory 1279MB

Thank you.

Do the two entries "graphics memory" and "video memory" mean the machine (I guess a laptop) has either:

1. A 256 Mb dedicated graphics card and

2. Access to some sort of "shared" RAM / VRAM setup (to help with power conservation or something)?

But I suspect is unable to use both at once?

I think a 256 Mb card might find it a bit of a challenge to run, unless you set all the graphic type settings to "low".

Note the minimum system requirements from the home page:

IBM compatible PC with the following minimum configuration:

•Pentium4 2.5GHz processor or equivalent

•1.5GB RAM

•256MB NVIDIA GeForce 5 Series / ATI Radeon 9600 (DirectX 9 compatible)

•Windows 7 / Vista / XP / 2000 with DirectX 9.0C

•3GB free hard drive space

•1 USB port for dongle

•Broadband internet connection for online multiplayer

•DVD Drive, Sound Card, Mouse and Keyboard

• Members

While I won't guarantee that our current policy will last forever (you could jump the five years from 2.251 (2006) to 2.654 (2011) with just $25.-), I should also point out that I feel quite confident that the majority of our customers will find each upgrade worth the money.

I should also point out that there's always the possibility that we may start to offer other forms of licenses, e.g. licenses bound to a specific PC and for a limited time at a much lower price.

BTW, I saw a post somewhere that you've got four graphics designers now (?), and a huge number of new features or improvements, and the next upgrade is to be in June 2013 (?), which would seem like a good time to purchase the game.

You could just as well buy it now and then upgrade at the much reduced upgrade fee, so you don't have to wait so long. :)

Yes, the yearly update fee is rather like a very modest subscription fee to a really superior online service hosted by very technically savvy and 'user friendly' people who go the extra mile with this forum and don't refer you first to some infernal pre-recorded answering machine with the AI-quotient of a rock, and quite reasonable. :)

I do have Steel Beasts Gold to hold me over until I can finally go for SBPro PE.

I have a 256 MB card, and I would guess the minimum requirement of a '5 series' would mean that my 6800 card is a '6 series' and therefore exceeds that.

Edited by stratsim

• 1 month later...

New user, just got my dongle today.

Running Windows 7 64-bit & CodeMeter 5.00a.

When I plug the dongle in I get a driver error. Device Manager shows the CodeMeter-Stick under "Other Devices" with an exclamation point by it.

I've tried uninstalling/re-installing. I also checked the dongle on my Windows XP laptop and it worked fine. Any ideas? I've emailed support @ both eSim & CodeMeter, but hoping it's something easy I'm missing.

Perhaps a silly question but did you install the Sim (and subsequent CodeMeter installation) "as Administrator"?

Yes & yes. After a couple of uninstalls/re-installs I finally got it working. Went into device manager, right click on CodeMeter-Stick, selected properties/driver/update driver. Once I did that it installed and everything started working. Note: selecting CodeMeter-Stick, rightj-clicking and selecting 'update driver' from that context menu DID NOT work, had to choose properties first. No idea why it was like this. Installed it on my WinXP laptop with no hassles at all. Oh well, at least it's working now:)

• 1 month later...

i purchased Steel Beasts Pro PE 2.654 a few years back, i finally decided to reinstall the game but i think my dongle got buggered somewhere and i lost my licence to run the upgrade, as im still on 2.460

i have updated my dongle as well

thanks in advance

• Members

Well, in that case it seems to work as advertised - letting you play old versions of SB Pro (2.4 and older), but preventing you from starting a version for which you did not install a license (e.g. version 2.5, 2.6).

It's supposed to be like that. :)