Eurosatory 2010

DarkLabor

I just came from the eurosatory and I could discover at last the two new versions of the leopard.

First the leopard revolution wich is an evolution of the leopard ... evolution! :biggrin:

p1090407l.jpg

And the leopard 2A7 +

p1090470.jpg

I'll put other photos of the exposition as soon as I can.

Enjoy!

Edited by DarkLabor

21488941.jpg

47848481.jpg

54470057.jpg

46825198.jpg

After few thought about it, I feel that the 2A7+ is not that finished in that form.

I mean, why is there no smoke discharger on the right side of the turret.

Why does the armour is much more developped on the right side, and not on both side?

Your opinion interest me, especially german tankers. ;)

The revolution model looks like its been designed by OCP rather than KMW.

That RWS does have that ED209 look about it.

The commander's brake.

I guess screaming "STOP!" into the intercom does not have the same effect?

"High Powered Climate control!

Now with a 6 speed fan!

Cools your tank Faster!"

• Members
After few thought about it, I feel that the 2A7+ is not that finished in that form.

I mean, why is there no smoke discharger on the right side of the turret.

Why does the armour is much more developped on the right side, and not on both side?

I'm sure, they just removed the turret side armor modules on one side to show the smoke dischargers and the modular concept. The other smoke dischargers are hidden behind the armor modules on the right turret side.

IOW, the completely assembled tank would seem to have no smoke dischargers at all, except that they are sandwiched between the main armor and the add-on modules.

• Members
The commander's brake.

I guess screaming "STOP!" into the intercom does not have the same effect?

Not if the driver is already incapacitated, e.g. by mine/IED strike.

"High Powered Climate control!

Now with a 6 speed fan!

Cools your tank Faster!"

I guess it's more an issue of "now with effective air cooling". The previously installed A/C unit turned out to be insufficient for really hot desert conditions, e.g. Spain/Australia/Afghanistan in summer, with no shade around. The Marders in Afghanistan without any A/C report temperatures of 80°C in the troop compartment (so the solution is to put the dismounts into armored Dingo trucks that are trailing the Marders, so only commander, gunner, and driver are being cooked alive. These are really brutal climate conditions that require more than just a bit of air flow.

I'm sure, they just removed the turret side armor modules on one side to show the smoke dischargers and the modular concept. The other smoke dischargers are hidden behind the armor modules on the right turret side.

IOW, the completely assembled tank would seem to have no smoke dischargers at all, except that they are sandwiched between the main armor and the add-on modules.

Sounds logical!

Thank you so much Ssnake! :)