Upgrade now or later?

cj95

Looking to finally get the 2.46 upgrade, but after hearing about some sort of summer release, I am wondering if I should hold off and maybe get everything all at once.

I understand the need for secrecy and all that but for those in the know....would it be benficial to hold on another month, or should I grab what I can now?

Thanks. :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

"It depends". I hate going into some of the details as we need to settle a few issues, and I don't want to announce something that I have to retract later, It's not so much secrecy for the sake of it, but to provide you with reliable information.

That being said, the plan is to offer both a download version and a DVD version (provided that we can get certain critical IT infrastructure running, which the experts tell me that this won't be a problem. We shall see).

Those who don't own a copy will need at least the shipment of a CodeMeter stick (unless you already own one), so it doesn't make much sense to go for the download since it won't speed up things and it won't save a lot of bucks either.

We have currently reduced the price of SB Pro PE from the regular $125.- to now $100.- So, if you order now and later pay another $25.- for the update you will already have a CodeMeter stick so you can download the whole stuff, and have no waiting time for snail mail. And it won't cost you a single cent more.

Im sorry. I wasnt real clear.

I have a code stick and disk from waaaay back in the early days so thats not an issue. What I meant was I never bought the $30 upgrade until now, but was wondering if I should hold off and maybe see what the new new upgrade is going to be first.

I am assuming...for sake of arguement that since I already have the stick, all I need is a new disk correct?

I am thinking $30 for upgrade #1 and another $30 for the July 10 upgrade (or is it a patch?) for a $60 new investment?

Is that correct?

Sorry If Im not being clear here, Im kinda confusing myself.

• Members

Well, no, I'm sorry. I will start in the coming days to post news, ideally on a daily basis, both here an on other websites. The complete release notes will be posted about a week before we release 2.5x.

As a consolation, here's a first glimpse:

IMG1.jpg

I wouldn't bet on it, either. However, it is ironic that past conflicts have shown more of a trend of facing older equipment rather than a T-80U. This makes sense, because adversaries typically make do with large stocks of cheaper, proven older equipment. From Iraq, to Afghanistan, to North Korea, past conflicts and hypothetical ones in the future, they form the backbone of a lot of armies. Plus you get the added bonus of re-creating historical battles that may not have a lot of training value to this day, but still form the basis for good entertainment. With the Leopard I and we might have a reasonably good representation of a Centurion, then we can have some early Cold War era conflicts, Arab-Israeli wars, and so on.

Well.... how many of us expected to see a Challenger in this upgrade? Not me. I doubt it's playable (SSnake is keeping annoyingly tight-lipped), but even so, it's a great addition. GW1 scenarios just got a whole lot more interesting.

Scimitar would be amazing, as would any other dedicated recce afv, but I think the sim was desperately in need of some graphics updates, and a bit of environmental depth. From the look of that screenshot, we've got at least some of that.

Come on SSnake! Play fair and give us some info to really get our teeth into :debile2:

I'm not sure I see walls- I see what looks like a road network down in the valley. The way the engine renders buildings on a slope by cutting them off might sometimes looks as though there are walls.

Still would like to see something that was there since SB1- the effect of tracers bouncing off the ground, you could see them deflecting off your tank through the optics. That was always cool, it's too bad we lost it.

Also, there is a texture for a wheat field in your directory. It will be a happy day when that makes it in.

• Members
Still would like to see something that was there since SB1- the effect of tracers bouncing off the ground, you could see them deflecting off your tank through the optics. That was always cool, it's too bad we lost it.

Ask, and ye shall receive. :)

Originally Posted by Captain_Colossus View Post

Ask, and ye shall receive.

Good answer. Looking forward to this! :thumbup: ;)