Upgrade now or later?

cj95

My bet is we'll also see a Leclerc in this update.

Apart from the Challenger (!!) & the short walls (?), what else do you see as new stuff ?

Many THX Koen

I dont like to speculate and getting all exited about a beta screenshot. but, i can see low walls, and high compound walls. i also see some other things that im not sure about becuse of the resolution. the walls is very important if you want to simulate a modern battlefield. the challenger is a nice addition but for me it is not that important. =)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.... how many of us expected to see a Challenger in this upgrade? Not me. I doubt it's playable (SSnake is keeping annoyingly tight-lipped), but even so, it's a great addition. GW1 scenarios just got a whole lot more interesting.

Scimitar would be amazing, as would any other dedicated recce afv, but I think the sim was desperately in need of some graphics updates, and a bit of environmental depth. From the look of that screenshot, we've got at least some of that.

Come on SSnake! Play fair and give us some info to really get our teeth into :debile2:

As much as i like to see challenger i dont really see much grafical improvements that you mention. I dont see any at all to be honoust. One of thte things that make sbp look outdated is the fact that there is no visual suspention for the roadwheels and there doesnt seem to be any in the screenshot either. Maybe its still to early to say anyway. Ill have to see more then the screenshot to judge what has been inproved

Well i dont know about the rest of you guys, but Im thrilled!!!

A Chally is a completely unexpected gift.

I'd rather see ten new tanks than one bouncy suspension sytem.

Ssnake...you earned your soccer day today!!!

As much as i like to see challenger i dont really see much grafical improvements that you mention. I dont see any at all to be honoust. One of thte things that make sbp look outdated is the fact that there is no visual suspention for the roadwheels and there doesnt seem to be any in the screenshot either. Maybe its still to early to say anyway. Ill have to see more then the screenshot to judge what has been inproved

I think he i refering to enviromental depth, and how the walls are adding more of it.

<irony>

yeah i agree oscar. if i was in charge of buying software for traning soldiers and officers to go into war and risk their life. on the top of my list of improvments would be animated suspension, how could you train soldiers without it!!!

</irony>

im sure that at some time it (animated suspension) will be on the top of the_List, when all the more importent stuff have been implemented. stuff like walls to simulate the most common battlefield obstacles of them all.

Oscar, I was saying I want more environmental depth. i.e., a graphics improvement, civilians, 3d inf, a few civilian vehicles, all the little debris of day to day life that would make the sim a bit less flat.

I realise that discussion has been had a thousand times before, and the team are focused on the most pressing priorities, and delivering for military customers, but long-term I hope to see those things. Hopefully, we'll get some of that in this update.

But this is a positive story so far... a Chally which I never thought I'd see in SB (playable or not), some hedges/walls/whatever to spice things up, and whatever else SSnake has in store. I can't wait to see more!

I noticed that the Challenger has a high poly count like the M1 and Leo2A4. I wonder if all three stations will be modeled on the new tank. It also looks like there may be some additions to the trees. Can't wait for the rest of news regarding the upgrade to be released.

I'm thinking about purchasing and want to know if this is correct:

If I buy now and want the upgrade when it's out, I will have to pay 100$ for the game + 30$ for the upgrade later.

But if I buy after the upgrade is out I will pay only 125$ for the whole thing?

I'm thinking about purchasing and want to know if this is correct:

If I buy now and want the upgrade when it's out, I will have to pay 100$ for the game + 30$ for the upgrade later.

But if I buy after the upgrade is out I will pay only 125$ for the whole thing?

If past history repeats itself, the upgrade is usually offered at $25 for pre-orders, so you would likely end up paying the same. BUT, I would wait until Ssnake comments on this as prices may have changed.

One of thte things that make sbp look outdated is the fact that there is no visual suspention for the roadwheels and there doesnt seem to be any in the screenshot either.

Ahh, Oscar. Welcome back. And so glad to see that your tune has not changed.

For those in the "Crew a T-72" crowd: until eSim finds a paying customer to model said tank, I cannot see the possibility. Man hours are limited, and paying customers make The List flow. I cannot see any other logical expectation. Would it be cool? YES!!! Is it gonna happen? Not holding my breath!

One must always remember HOW this simulation gets made, no matter how much we want it to be a gamer-driven thing, it just isn't. (Besides, it's the fact that it's got such fidelity that makes it SO cool! :) )

I, for one, am completely engaged with the idea of a new, most-likely crewable, MBT in the mix. Sure, it's not a T-tank for Red vs. Blue engagements, but it's a fully operational new toy, and that's worth the price of admission.

Ahh, Oscar. Welcome back. And so glad to see that your tune has not changed.

For those in the "Crew a T-72" crowd: until eSim finds a paying customer to model said tank, I cannot see the possibility. Man hours are limited, and paying customers make The List flow. I cannot see any other logical expectation. Would it be cool? YES!!! Is it gonna happen? Not holding my breath!

One must always remember HOW this simulation gets made, no matter how much we want it to be a gamer-driven thing, it just isn't. (Besides, it's the fact that it's got such fidelity that makes it SO cool! :) )

I, for one, am completely engaged with the idea of a new, most-likely crewable, MBT in the mix. Sure, it's not a T-tank for Red vs. Blue engagements, but it's a fully operational new toy, and that's worth the price of admission.

Let me doubt about this argument, from the moment the Chally appeared, seems clear that the team had enough time to add a vehicle that as far as we know was not payed by any military contract. Anyway, Ssnake still say nothing about the T-72 on this update, will be nice If he can say something.

Let me doubt about this argument, from the moment the Chally appeared, seems clear that the team had enough time to add a vehicle that as far as we know was not payed by any military contract. Anyway, Ssnake still say nothing about the T-72 on this update, will be nice If he can say something.

well, with the new internal scripting tools, adding a new and fully modeled unplayable vehicle,

has reduced programmer time from a week to at most, a day. programming time is currently a serious bottleneck of esim games. adding a new playable vehicle can take from 1-2 months, to half a year, depending on the complexity of the vehicle.

The same could be said about the T-72. No one has paid for that either (AFAIK), yet it's still in the game.

Note that I said a crewable vehicle. I would imagine that a non-crewable one is a lot less work. Hence, having the T-72 as a vehicle was an important training choice, but building one where you can practice gunnery training is not.

i.e. - paying customers drive development for crewed vehicles. That seems to be the case to date, no?

Note that I said a crewable vehicle. I would imagine that a non-crewable one is a lot less work. Hence, having the T-72 as a vehicle was an important training choice, but building one where you can practice gunnery training is not.

i.e. - paying customers drive development for crewed vehicles. That seems to be the case to date, no?

NP DD, my comment was directed towards Stratos.