SB Pro PE 2.5x - News

Ssnake

Meanwhile, my graphics card is fainting...

NTM

my graphics card fainted too but my P4-HT processor had a stroke and died. I need to get me a i5 Processor now or at least a i3.

But thats still cool.

PS:Where is the BAR and Restaurant i asked for ?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ssnake what I said is that will be nice If you guys can take a month or wathever the time necessary to add the crewable T72 from the time needed for the next update, no that you guys did nothing or stay without working, far from my intention.

Ok, let's see what the addon adds and once is clear the T72 is not there (last day of the update) we will be able to complain again. So thats a truce from my part :)

• Members
Meanwhile, my graphics card is fainting...

Like I wrote before, we managed to implement the one or other optimization in the rendering engine, boosting bad frame rates in the proximity of many houses and very complex urban areas by a factor of up to 20. So things shouldn't be worse for you with the latest changes - they may improve, actually.

Wow to the new buildings

and Wow to this as well:

... infantry can fire from the upper floors too, as well as the middle and lower floors. These buildings are essentially the deadliest structures to AFVs, since if you get in an area of them then you can expect RPGs to come flying at your from three dimensions.

Sehr schön, danke.

Ein? Until I sign a truce? I'm feeling like a indian chief pacting with pale faces lol

You know that the thing is stratos. I really want the t-72 to , But i want bobbing roadwheels and suspension even more. But i learned that it doesnt make a difference to try to put pressure on E-sim. All the guys from E-sim want a t-72 and suspension themselves as well. But they are not gonna take the time to implement them because we put pressure on them while they simply dont have the time for it. We just have to wait for the golden day that they do deside to work on stuff like this and yes this can take years before they do so esspecially suspension and bobbing roadwheels because its low on the list. Its best to just make a post here and there to "remind them" that there is someone that wants stuff like this and thats basicly the only thing you can do. I even offered to try to learn some of the programming stuff so i could do some of the work thats needed to be done to implement suspension but they didnt feel this was an option. I guess we just need patience and hope that by the time they implement a t-72 or suspension that sbpro is still being worked on or some other company starts developing a modern tank sim and people focus there interest in that.

If there was to be a OPFOR tank with crewstations I'd prefer it to be one of the modern versions of the T-80 or the T-90 where the player has a lesser disadvantage against the Abrams or Leo2. A crewable T-72 could be cool in old Cold-War-Turns-Hot scenarios or a mission or campaign in Africa, parts of Europe or Asia where they still are the MBT of choice (the same goes for the older M113 in this update). Desirable? Yes. Mostly a novelty? True that.

A question about the Challenger. Will it have the old rifled gun or the new Rheinmetall L/55?

Finally some new houses. Will we see new smaller houses and villas too? Maybe with different themes like American, German, Scandinavian or Iraqi? I'd like that. Or if they were modable so maybe someone could make a region X-themed set of houses which could be decided in the mapeditor? I think the right types for different parts of the world would give the feeling of being there.

Like you guys I'm all for more 'eye candy' - streetlights, walls, railings, new building etc. etc.

I read elsewhere on the site that 20 additional vehicles are making it into the update. What would be great is if that included civilian vehicles - buses, cars and lorries for example.

A town or city scenario would only work if there were other vehicles in my opinion.

Just my 2p's worth. :)

Quagmire

EDIT: I forgot to ask. Some time ago I recall reading that the IED's would be working correctly 'at a later date'. Has that fix made it into this update?

wow epic thread, took me over an hour to read through, some good things are coming, well done E-sim. Keep it up. thanks.

On a downer, some of the points brought up about E-Sim productivity and Business plans are valid. Although (not sure who posted this) E-Sim only gains 10% of its income from 'Consumers' should they not then section off ten percent of development time to address the wishes, wants and needs of that supporting ten percent? I understand where both sides stand on this. I can not remember the last update ( if any ) that was implemented at the request of the public users. I'm not saying 'GIVE US A T-72' or any other particulate toy, I rather think that 20 new vehicles, apartments blocks and all the bug fixes we are going to get is well worth the $25 or whatever it is. I'm just saying it would be nice to show some direct appreciation to the loyal members of this community who like many of us have bought every release that e-Sim has made available to us and have waited patiently ( albeit not quietly) for nearly 10 years now. or at least make it possible for the community to 'order' new additions to the sim. I know all the yarns about how its not a consumer product and how its just one programmer blah blah blah. And I do ( as a coder myself ) understand what it all means. Just had to say this though. Its quite the update thread this time around and people are more heated than ever about the new additions (or in most cases lack thereof). All in all though I'm happy with what I have heard is coming and not too bothered with what is not. Keep up the good work guys.

wow epic thread, took me over an hour to read through, some good things are coming, well done E-sim. Keep it up. thanks.

On a downer, some of the points brought up about E-Sim productivity and Business plans are valid. Although (not sure who posted this) E-Sim only gains 10% of its income from 'Consumers' should they not then section off ten percent of development time to address the wishes, wants and needs of that supporting ten percent? I understand where both sides stand on this. I can not remember the last update ( if any ) that was implemented at the request of the public users. I'm not saying 'GIVE US A T-72' or any other particulate toy, I rather think that 20 new vehicles, apartments blocks and all the bug fixes we are going to get is well worth the $25 or whatever it is. I'm just saying it would be nice to show some direct appreciation to the loyal members of this community who like many of us have bought every release that e-Sim and made available to us and have waited patiently ( albeit not quietly) for nearly 10 years now. or at least make it possible for the community to 'order' new additions to the sim. I know all the yarns about how its not a consumer product and how its just one programmer blah blah blah. And I do ( as a coder myself ) understand what it all means. Just had to say this though. Its quite the update thread this time around and people are more heated than ever about the new additions (or in most cases lack thereof). All in all though I'm happy with what I have heard is coming and not to bothered with what is not. Keep up the good work guys.

Amen.

Going forward, maybe ESim could predict what development time they might have after all contractual obligations have been met* to devote to other features before the next update, then offer the community a few general options. For example:

Plan A - Focus on Bug fixes

Plan B - More vehicles

Plan C - More objects for the map editor

Plan D - Etc, etc

Then have a poll to see what the community would like to see the most, and go from there. I'm sure that would incite a few interesting discussions. :wink:

*Forcasting events over a 12-18 months may not even be possible.

• Moderators
I'm just saying it would be nice to show some direct appreciation to the loyal members of this community who like many of us have bought every release that e-Sim has made available to us and have waited patiently ( albeit not quietly) for nearly 10 years now.

Yes, keep in mind though that a great deal of the stuff in this update IS for the community, such as the total overhaul to a vehicle that has not yet been revealed (actually it has been shown on the Sim HQ preview that contained the Challenger 2, look at the bottom).

So, I am only saying, a great deal of effort does go into improving things that the military does not want, for the community (think of the M1A1, Leo2A4, T-72 overhauls in the past), but apparently it is not quite what the community seems to desire or expect, or it is something taken for granted in comparison to the "big things" that everyone wants. Still, it should not be underestimated how much non-coding time and commitment goes into these vehicle overhaul projects. Someone might say, "use that time to instead make a playable T-72", but there are lots of people involved in these overhauls, and it only involves minimal actual coding, but the good thing is something is constantly being done for the community itself - but maybe sometimes it is not very obvious. :( No sympathy needed, just pointing out something that everyone should keep in mind.

Yes, keep in mind though that a great deal of the stuff in this update IS for the community, such as the total overhaul to a vehicle that has not yet been revealed (actually it has been shown on the Sim HQ preview that contained the Challenger 2, look at the bottom).

So, I am only saying, a great deal of effort does go into improving things that the military does not want, for the community (think of the M1A1, Leo2A4, T-72 overhauls in the past), but apparently it is not quite what the community seems to desire or expect, or it is something taken for granted in comparison to the "big things" that everyone wants. Still, it should not be underestimated how much non-coding time and commitment goes into these vehicle overhaul projects. Someone might say, "use that time to instead make a playable T-72", but there are lots of people involved in these overhauls, and it only involves minimal actual coding, but the good thing is something is constantly being done for the community itself - but maybe sometimes it is not very obvious. :( No sympathy needed, just pointing out something that everyone should keep in mind.

Ok, I'll go for that, E-Sim has made changes and added units not requested by defense contracts. When I made that post I was at a loss to remember any new vehicles, weapon systems or major additions to the sim that have been specifically requested by members of the community who remain out side of the development cycle. Over the last ten years I can not remember a poll asking us to vote on this or even being asked for any input other than posting bug reports for current features. May be I just missed it or it happened when I was on tour for a year. (No sorry that was in the SB1 era). Also I was not forgetting all the no-coding jobs that are involved in producing an application on this scale and standard. It would just be nice to have access to that 10% the community supports even if its just to know that our desires as consumers are being dealt and actioned upon and not just put on to the bottom of the infinitively long wish list.

Nice! Finally, a British MBT!!! All we "need" now is its stablemate, the Warrior, and of course French presence in the form of the Leclerc and AMX-10 RC. For the Americans, the LVTP7/AAV741 should provide USMC representation, and a late version of the M1 is desireable now more than ever...the Americans mustn't be outclassed by NATO allies.

I'm thrilled about the Challenger! It's another step closer to what I think is a "complete" SB package, where all the major players are represented and an immersive NATO vs WP Cold War confrontation can be simulated throughout the European theatre (where the new buildings would come in handy I might add).