SB Pro PE 2.5x - News

Ssnake

I'm going to ask something that may or may not have been addressed before... if it has, then feel free to flame me and glass me!

Is there any chance work is going to happen on including multi monitor options or graphic output options (a la DCS black shark, FC2, falcon with falcon gauges etc)?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Some work for multi-monitor setups has been done already, e.g. the Matrox TripleHead support. It is also possible to run two instances of SB Pro PE on your computer and link both to a network session containng just these two computers. One can then run the map screen, the other instance would show the 3D world. It does cost a bit performance, but I found it doable.

Some work for multi-monitor setups has been done already, e.g. the Matrox TripleHead support. It is also possible to run two instances of SB Pro PE on your computer and link both to a network session containng just these two computers. One can then run the map screen, the other instance would show the 3D world. It does cost a bit performance, but I found it doable.

ummmm...I didn't really understand what you meant here,can you elaborate a bit more on the two instance setup??And would it then be possible to run these two instances so you could be both driver and gunner or commander and gunner?Or be a gunner with an additional external view?

Also,what are these "20 new vehicles" were gettin?

• Members
ummmm...I didn't really understand what you meant here,can you elaborate a bit more on the two instance setup??

Start SB Pro PE in windowed mode, and mode the window to one monitor. Start SB Pro PE again, and move that window to another monitor. In one window you set up a network session (just for yourself, or together with someone else, it doesn't matter). You then connect the SB Pro PE of the other window as a client to this session. That you keep in map view while you mostly play in the other window. Ta-daa!

And would it then be possible to run these two instances so you could be both driver and gunner or commander and gunner?Or be a gunner with an additional external view?

Yes, although the performance penalty may be prohibitive.

Also,what are these "20 new vehicles" were gettin?

Stay tuned, they will be revealed over the course of the next two weeks.

Start SB Pro PE in windowed mode, and mode the window to one monitor. Start SB Pro PE again, and move that window to another monitor. In one window you set up a network session (just for yourself, or together with someone else, it doesn't matter). You then connect the SB Pro PE of the other window as a client to this session. That you keep in map view while you mostly play in the other window. Ta-daa!

OK,the monitor thing in windowed mode I understand,but the first post where you mention it says "two computers"??,or was it you meant to say "two monitors"?this was where i got confused as it implies that I can run two game in a lan on one licence?which I didn't know I could do.See my point?To put it simply,can I run two 3d worlds in a lan out of the box?So a buddy can come over and play as my gunner,or I myself can be the driver while gunning?I was under the impression ,you need to purchase a second licence to do this.

• Members
To put it simply,can I run two 3d worlds in a lan out of the box?So a buddy can come over and play as my gunner,or I myself can be the driver while gunning?I was under the impression ,you need to purchase a second licence to do this.

Yes. You can run two instances of SB Pro PE with a single license, as long as they are both on the same computer - which, of course, makes it difficult to play with your buddy as you'd need to take turns who's in control of the mouse and keyboard. If you want to run it on two computers, you need a second license.

I couldn't get this to work at all,click the go button and nothing happens.Like it doesn't see the other instance.Need more info on this set up,step by step with screens perferably,cause theres no way to trouble shoot otherwise.ie ports,ip's, user names,what point to try to join the session etc etc.