SB Pro PE 2.5x - News

Ssnake

Dito

For what reason we need a crewable T 72 ??

What I want is: Waving Gras, A Hulla Hup Group as 3rd Party with RED Flower Rings and AI Bees.

And I need to grow me a snooty Kaiser Wilhelm mustache as well. Hopefully I'm as open minded as you then. :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A firewall blocking SB2.exe?

One machine is in Host mode, right?

(Chapter 12, user's manual).

Yup,was all set up for multiplayer ,actually did an extensive session with someone else on how to deal with the port forwarding stuff awhile back to play,I use port checker to ensure they're open,and its reporting that they are (learned some tricks special too SB BTW),so It should have gone smoothly.It didn't.When I try to hit the go button as client ,it winks-out and returns to the default screen where you hit the go button.I assume I'm doing it right...the host(other me) has selected his slot and allowed the other positions to be available.I tried with both 2 monitors as extended ,and 1 big monitor with two gui's.No go.BTW that trick I was telling you about...in my router the ports have to be set as range 2300-2300.both tcip and udp.Any other way and it won't work in multi,ie can't be a single port entry of just 2300.has tp be 2300-2300.Anyway,I've spent 2 hours trying to get this to work without success.

• Moderators
I couldn't get this to work at all,click the go button and nothing happens.Like it doesn't see the other instance.Need more info on this set up,step by step with screens perferably,cause theres no way to trouble shoot otherwise.ie ports,ip's, user names,what point to try to join the session etc etc.

You want someone to come over there and do it for you too? ;)

Yup,was all set up for multiplayer ,actually did an extensive session with someone else on how to deal with the port forwarding stuff awhile back to play,I use port checker to ensure they're open,and its reporting that they are (learned some tricks special too SB BTW),so It should have gone smoothly.It didn't.When I try to hit the go button as client ,it winks-out and returns to the default screen where you hit the go button.I assume I'm doing it right...the host(other me) has selected his slot and allowed the other positions to be available.I tried with both 2 monitors as extended ,and 1 big monitor with two gui's.No go.BTW that trick I was telling you about...in my router the ports have to be set as range 2300-2300.both tcip and udp.Any other way and it won't work in multi,ie can't be a single port entry of just 2300.has tp be 2300-2300.Anyway,I've spent 2 hours trying to get this to work without success.

On my computer, I ran the "host" session with default network settings. In the "client" session I used a different call sign, and I left both the host IP address and the Port number fields blank. I did not have to make any special adjustments to the Windows firewall.

I'm using Windows 7, x64, by the way. Not that it should matter in this case.

On my computer, I ran the "host" session with default network settings. In the "client" session I used a different call sign, and I left both the host IP address and the Port number fields blank. I did not have to make any special adjustments to the Windows firewall.

I'm using Windows 7, x64, by the way. Not that it should matter in this case.

That might be the ticket...having a separate name as client,I'll try that today.

wow epic thread, took me over an hour to read through, some good things are coming, well done E-sim. Keep it up. thanks.

On a downer, some of the points brought up about E-Sim productivity and Business plans are valid. Although (not sure who posted this) E-Sim only gains 10% of its income from 'Consumers' should they not then section off ten percent of development time to address the wishes, wants and needs of that supporting ten percent? I understand where both sides stand on this. I can not remember the last update ( if any ) that was implemented at the request of the public users. I'm not saying 'GIVE US A T-72' or any other particulate toy, I rather think that 20 new vehicles, apartments blocks and all the bug fixes we are going to get is well worth the $25 or whatever it is. I'm just saying it would be nice to show some direct appreciation to the loyal members of this community who like many of us have bought every release that e-Sim has made available to us and have waited patiently ( albeit not quietly) for nearly 10 years now. or at least make it possible for the community to 'order' new additions to the sim. I know all the yarns about how its not a consumer product and how its just one programmer blah blah blah. And I do ( as a coder myself ) understand what it all means. Just had to say this though. Its quite the update thread this time around and people are more heated than ever about the new additions (or in most cases lack thereof). All in all though I'm happy with what I have heard is coming and not too bothered with what is not. Keep up the good work guys.

Could not have said it better myself.

I was wondering this myself actually . Why call it new vehicles if they are only existing vehicles with a makeover.

Agreed. A graphic overhaul and minor data-changes of an already represented one is not a new vehicle.

The T-55 is a welcome one when it comes to create DS-scenarios, current Afghanistan fighting and African or Asian minor wars.

I am beyond excited to see the T-55!!!

It may be old, but even in todays world its the ubiquitous tank that will add a huge dimension to scenarios. Maybe not challenging on its own, but when you see forty or so of them coming over the hill....yoiks....better recount your sabots.

Bravo eSim!!

• Moderators
Agreed. A graphic overhaul and minor data-changes of an already represented one is not a new vehicle.

Seriously? Wow, I figured the hundreds of hours spent overhauling an existing vehicle counts as it being "new". Maybe next time they should just leave them all looking like the YPR until people cry about it, because we only want NEW NEW stuff!

Don't worry though, there are plenty NEW NEW vehicles I am sure. Just be patient.

• Moderators
No go even with name change...screw it ,not messin with it anymore.Maybe this update will change this feature for me.

Maybe you should be posting this stuff in the Support Forum. You are trying to troubleshoot a network connection in the middle of the 2.5x update thread... it is probably not a good idea for effectiveness and not very polite to those that want to read about the update?

Maybe you should look again and take note that this "feature" was first mentioned in this thread by snake in the context of new developement in the upgrade...ie,triplehead.Its not in the manual...OR MAYBE...point me to the area in the manual that describes "multi monitor setups"

• Moderators
Maybe you should look again and take note that this "feature" was first mentioned in this thread by snake in the context of new developement in the upgrade...ie,triplehead.Its not in the manual...OR MAYBE...point me to the area in the manual that describes "multi monitor setups"

I don't get it, I am trying to tell you that if you post about troubleshooting this in the Support Forum, then you will probably get better results. Instead you are polluting the update thread with this, troubleshooting the issue in the middle of it, which is kind of rude to the topic and it doesn't help you out very much since it is lost in the other posts. It would help you out better if you posted it in the Support Forum, and be polite to others is all I am saying, but "oh well".