SB Pro PE 2.5x - News

Ssnake

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We read different things from the response then. I was asking if this update, or future updates would be including the ability to simply address multi monitor issues... the answer was that you can run more than one instance of SB to get some stuff, at a performance impact (not sure how much, haven't tested it yet).

Given that lots of others on here were venting their wishes, i figured i'd have a go too. I was hoping that a simple way of getting multi monitor support (and i'm not talking about eyefinity or triplehead2go i.e. just a spread main display, but seperate info on screens) would be addressed in the future a la the DCS series (for want of a better example... another one would be falcon AF with falcon gauges)

In my case, the ability to have whatever i wanted on a second screen (map, station... whatever) would be a big bonus and being able to do it via a quick file edit or even better, an option in the game would be ideal. Loading several instances of the program to get that isn't ideal (only in my opinion).

Anyway, that's how i see it. I'm not ragging on work that Esim have done or haven't done or what they should or shouldn't be doing, just stating what i would like and think would be beneficial to the application. I haven't been around this sim or community long enough to slag it off (except for the sprites, that's a legit slag off for anyone :))... i'm still learning.

:biggrin:

I've experimented with this all day...wanting to do exactly what you just described.Take alook at the support forum thread started yesterday.Might help,might not.I've had limited success.

edit, never mind I see ya already have.

I'm glad to see all of these new buildings & street lights & walls. Any chane of adding roadside barriers as well in the new release? I see that a new "Thunder run" sce & a proper Baghdad Highway 7 map is inevitable ;)

and it would surely be embraced by many i think. However it could be even more realistic if the update would come with some civy vehicles and civilians as well coupled with a neutral side to simulate non combatives.

• Members

We do have those concrete barriers that can't be breached. Currently we only have a choice between "collapsible" and "not collapsible" and no middle ground. So the concrete barriers will not only withstand all vehicle collisions, they also can't be hurt even by airstrike. This is certainly not ideal, but probably better than the alternative, that they would collapse on (any) vehicle collision.

Good one, that will be harder to kill. BTW we still haven't seen any new crewable or yes?

Yeah i would love to know what the new crewables are. Something tells me it will be the centauro or some other spanish vehicle. Its extremely unlikely that we will see a new crewable mbt though.

Worried about using troops and vehicles in towns with lots of walls and compounds. I have made compounds before in an Afghan scenario, used containers re-skinned as walls. Turned into a bit of a nightmare to be honest. Troops are to widely spaced and just get stuck, trapped in compounds not able to escape. Same for vehicles, even broke down into individual units it just bogs you down in constant recovery needs. Even have to bulldoze containers out of the way to get vehicles out. If the behavior of spirits and vehicles has not been improved, I feel a problem looming? Or that’s just urban warfare…an absolute cluster regardless!

Perhaps you could have a kind of urban formation for troops, a close column formation or something? Making these future towns and cities will need some thought.

Worried about using troops and vehicles in towns with lots of walls and compounds. ... I feel a problem looming?

Well, I guess E Sim should just remove the walls because the damned units cant navigate around them. How dare they add anything new to SB.

Perhaps, just perhaps, everyone could wait until they actually try whatever new items are added before whining? Then if you dontlike an item, you dont have to use it.

Mog

• Members
Also, I have the impression in some screens that the snow is deeper now. Correct or am I mistaken ?

Sharp eye. In the terrain theme you can now set a checkmark "is Snow" and then set its extruded hight to up to 1.20m, IIRC. For LOS calculations the elevated surface will be used, but for collision detection the snow is not being taken into account. Furthermore, you can define whether all roads, or just minor roads, or no roads will be snow covered.

• Members
Yeah i would love to know what the new crewables are.

I'm somewhat undecided about one of them as we don't have any tutorials, and there still are things to be fixed which we can't fix before the release. It might be better to wait with that one until it really is done. But there will be three - technically even six - others that will make it, so it's probably still above par for the course.

;)

• Members
Worried about using troops and vehicles in towns with lots of walls and compounds. I have made compounds before in an Afghan scenario, used containers re-skinned as walls.

There are a few things to be sad about it.

1. It is true that with container compounds, things won't work well. Our pathfiding isn't good enough for convincing dismounted operations under these circumstances.
  2. Container walls aren't representative for the intended final state of complex urban environments. The buildings will receive orientation points for entry and exit and taking positions. This has been done for all new buildings that we have shown so far (with the exception of the lamp posts, okay, and probably also the grain silo and the lighthouse). It has alos been done for all the buildings that will be presented in the future (we're not done yet) with individual screenshots.
    There is however a class of buildings that are still work in progress. I will go into detail once that we lift the curtain for this. Again, we've been torn between "release it now or later", but we decided that the benefits clearly outweigh the disadvantages.
  3. Finally, it is probably worth some consideration that in the current operational environment typically only a single platoon of armored vehicles would be sent to support the dismounted operations. That should be easy enough to handle even in single player mode. Of course, once that you go berserk and send more than a company into such a down, managing immobilizations will dominate the experience. So you better restrict yourself to what's realistic anyway.
    ;)

I'm somewhat undecided about one of them as we don't have any tutorials, and there still are things to be fixed which we can't fix before the release. It might be better to wait with that one until it really is done. But there will be three - technically even six - others that will make it, so it's probably still above par for the course.

;)

Well thats good news. Are there any tanks among those if you dont mind me asking?

One more thing , will we see a tutorial for the cv90-35 as well?

Also i was wondering if we will see some weather effects like rain and snow. I mean its good to have snow on the ground but it would even be cooler if it actually fell from the sky as well. I also really miss rain effects. I can very well imagine that this has been requested by militaity customers as well since it has an effect gunnery and other things. But then again i could be totally wrong.

I feel this is going to be a breakthrough update,

there is no other word for it.

* Three - technically even six - new crewable vehicles !

& +/- 14 non-crewable ones

* Snow !

* Those buildings - that can be manned on upper floors

* And even more goodies coming towards us ...

:-) :-) :-)

I'm somewhat undecided about one of them as we don't have any tutorials, and there still are things to be fixed which we can't fix before the release.

Hmm, I'd say: don't hesitate, release it...

Edited by Koen
Being undecided about adding this link or not: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZO9xeYA8g