SB Pro PE 2.5x - News

Ssnake

• Moderators
Ssnake, can we expect new scenarios and maps to ship with the update? I hope to have new scenarios with new vehicles/buildings ready to go out of the box.

Lots of scenarios have been updated to take advantage of new features, but since map making takes a long time there probably won't be any stock scenarios that use the new map buildings yet. Well, I take that back, there are some multiplayer scenarios that will, but I guess the point is that since the map editing take a while, the new buildings will probably gradually make an appearance in old scenarios.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man is it hot!!

Thanks eSim for the upgrade we are soon to recieve. I for one look forward to the new and improved campaigns that will spring from this addition. So, here is a tune for you gents at eSim. You can fight over who gets the girl:

• Members

IIRC, right now troops get "invisible" when inside a building (as a human player you only see they're there by their muzzle flashes). How does this work with ruins, or buildings with a flat roof?

I guess some of the new buildings won't be entered by infantry, because they're too small (or don't feature windows, which would not be really ideal for ambushes etc)?

IIRC, right now troops get "invisible" when inside a building (as a human player you only see they're there by their muzzle flashes). How does this work with ruins, or buildings with a flat roof?

I guess some of the new buildings won't be entered by infantry, because they're too small (or don't feature windows, which would not be really ideal for ambushes etc)?

Yes, that's what I would like to see - troops visible in the buildings especially when you view them at the windows through thermal sights! :)

Yes, that's what I would like to see - troops visible in the buildings especially when you view them at the windows through thermal sights! :)

Why should they be visible ate the windows?

There is nearly no reason to be at the window!

And there is absolutly no reason to be AT the window when enemy tanks are roaming around ;-)

Why should they be visible ate the windows?

There is nearly no reason to be at the window!

And there is absolutly no reason to be AT the window when enemy tanks are roaming around ;-)

True! ;)

OK, but in the current version the windows have glass - which never breaks so you never know what you're shooting it.

I'm guessing that with thermals you may see the odd glimpse of a person in a room or at the very least the sparks and flame.

• Members

Not all of the new buildings have yet modelled windows that allow you to peek inside - partly because then you also need lots of interior walls too. In the long run we want buildings with fully modelled windows, yes, but you won't get that in the coming version. It's a gradual transition process as old artwork must be overhauled to maintain compatibility with existing scenarios.

The goal is to have troops eventually visible behind windows - at least in thermal mode - together with non-combatants inside the buildings after making the transition to 3D characters. With the current sprites this doesn't make too much sense.

• Members

Troops will automatically disperse to random firing positions which are predefined for each building model. On Hold orders they prefer upper levels, on Defend and Guard orders they will stay lower. So if the 3D modeller created firing positions on the roof, they will eventually appear there.

Yes, I also expect a new scenario design contest, but the details haven't been settled yet.

"The goal is to have troops eventually visible behind windows - at least in thermal mode"

Im sure you are aware Thermal sights cannot see through glass.

Irish

Really? I never knew that. You learn something new every day. Who says the internet is bad for you! ;)

EDIT: Bit of info on the reasons: http://hubpages.com/hub/Whycantthermalandinfraredcamerasseethroughglass

Q

"The goal is to have troops eventually visible behind windows - at least in thermal mode"

Im sure you are aware Thermal sights cannot see through glass.

Irish

Maybe I should put my tanks in big glass boxes so you cant see me.

Woo Hoo! STEALTH ABRAMS!! ;)