• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Superb video, cheers Ssnake!

Urban warfare never looked so good! :)

Looking forward to going up against the T-62 and T-55!

Roll on 21/08!!!!

EDIT: What is the vehicle at 1:52?

Quagmire

ASLAV PC variant.

A CAV TP should have 4 x ASLAV and 2 x ASLAV PC.

The same chassis is used for the Comd, Log and Recovery variants too.

In the video a gunners TIS screen is shown, can you crew the M1 ?

I noticed that too. :o

I am assuming a bit of camera trickery however in using the M1A1 gunners station just for the purposes of the video.

I doubt any of the new tanks are crewable at this point.

At some point could we please update/remove the 2d Sprites for all muzzel flashes...

It just doesn't look right nor feel very realistic.

Eyecandy aside; IIMH, it's more blinding the way it is now than would be if they were truly 3d modeled being, somewhat translucent.

Really liking the new buildings and MBT's!

In fairness, when the real one goes off, you end up blinking which is pretty blinding for as long as your eyelids are closed, and then you're partially blinded as the world is still vibrating until things settle down...

NTM

Maybe one day Esim games will add a tool that will make easy to implement new crewable then we will be able to enter all those new vehicles. Love that M-60, looks pretty nice, but is not the A3 the version with the huge searchlight over the cannon? BTW When you guys talk about Fulda Gap scenarios, what will you use as your vehicle the M113?

Still wondering which one is the "secret, maybe yes maybe no" crewable vehicle.

Maybe one day Esim games will add a tool that will make easy to implement new crewable then we will be able to enter all those new vehicles. Love that M-60, looks pretty nice, but is not the A3 the version with the huge searchlight over the cannon? BTW When you guys talk about Fulda Gap scenarios, what will you use as your vehicle the M113?

Still wondering which one is the "secret, maybe yes maybe no" crewable vehicle.

the one with searchlight would be the A1. the A3 has a thermal imager and doesn't need a searchlight.

M60, T-62, T-55... Looking really nice indeed! Love the retro vehicles, as now we can do proper cold war scenarios. I am pretty bored with all this new "asymmetric" BS and fighting against "terrorists" even in war games and simulations. I want a good old horde of tanks and conventional warfare! :)

So after the update (and updated Fulda Gap / central european maps!) I will take my trusty old Leo 1A5 and 2A4 and face the reds in the only real tanker's way - head to head, 1 against 10! Really makes me want to build some scenarios after a "short" break!

Guys,

You may recall Nils mentioning the partnership with TerraSim for automatic terrain generation with SB Pro PE (coming later hopefully).

This Youtube vid shows it in action - very good system!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg4EzzTjNsc

Quagmire

Sure but from memory (excuse the pun) it needs a pretty beefy machine and the software costs a bit.

Sure but from memory (excuse the pun) it needs a pretty beefy machine and the software costs a bit.

The machine doesn't have to be that beefy. A modern gaming computer is enough (from the minimum and recommended specs). The price I have no idea, but since they don't aim for regular mortals but for companies I reckon it will hurt. But even so, that piece of software seems pretty sweet.

It servers no real purpose for end users, but as eSim has partnered with TerraSim it shows us what is going to be possible (and available), later in SB's life.

the one with searchlight would be the A1. the A3 has a thermal imager and doesn't need a searchlight.

Not really correct. Most M60A3s were built with a searchlight. Early versions had the AN/VSS-1, whilst later versions built as Passives from the factory came with AN/VSS-3As. Some of the VSS-1 tanks which were upgraded to Passives also received the VSS-3A, whilst others simply removed the searchlight entirely.

When the TTS (Tank Thermal Sight) upgrade came out for the US Army in 1980, 1,686 were built like that new from the factory, and 3,600 were conversions of M60A3 Passives. At that point the searchlight was almost always removed. Similarly another 114 were retrofits of M60A1 Passives to TTS standard.

As a result, the vast majority of M60A3s in service outside of the US have searchlights, unless they've shelled out for a TTS upgrade or something similar from another country.

m60-GR-3.jpg

To further confuse the issue, as the M60A1s received the Passive upgrade, the searchlight was often removed. Particularly so in the case of the US Marines, as they used the tank fitted with ERA, which took the same space as the searchlight mounting.

attachment.php?attachmentid=101410

Probably the best visual indicator is the thermal sleeve, or lack of it. M60A3s had them, M60A1s didn't. Of course, that's probably a very easy retrofit, but as the USMC photo shows, not a given.

NTM

Edited by 3Star

So just to recap, as im not sure I am keeping track, the new vehicles are thus far:

1. M1

2. M1A2 SEP

3. M113 FIST

4. M60A3

5. CR2

6. MAN Truck

7. Piranha IIIC

8. CIVIL Car (sudan, hatchback)

9. T-55

10. T-62

11. T-72B

12. T-72 (modern? as seen in the ITEC video)

13. Ural 4320

14. Ural Fuel