14. Ural Fuel

15. Sedan

16. Station

17. Hatchback

18. MAN SX-45

19. M113A1

20. M113A3

Is this correct?

Maybe now...but who knows what else Esim has in their sleeve?

Hate to spoil yalls fun......

But if the Chally is not crewable.....then what do you need Brit crew voices for?

As far as I can tell you just need stuff for background chatter "We lost another tank....COntact North." etc etc

@cj95

Just had a rethink on this. Actually Ssnake said it would be possible to create a 'localisation'.

That means that all speech could be British - external vehicles, Gunner, Commander etc., effectively replacing the current American voices with, in this case, our own.

So instead on hearing "Sabot Up - On the Way!", we could hear the UK British Army equivalent. Anyone know what we use say here in Blighty? :)

Cheers!

Quagmire

I didnt think the Bradley update counted as a 'new' vehicle.

the work that went into it is essentially the same as a new vehicle.

the model was built up from the bottom, completely new textures, and a new and vastly improved armour model was created. this took about a month of work.

@cj95

Just had a rethink on this. Actually Ssnake said it would be possible to create a 'localisation'.

That means that all speech could be British - external vehicles, Gunner, Commander etc., effectively replacing the current American voices with, in this case, our own.

So instead on hearing "Sabot Up - On the Way!", we could hear the UK British Army equivalent. Anyone know what we use say here in Blighty? :)

Cheers!

Quagmire

Well the Chally may not be crewable, but I know my Aust trainees often bleat about the US centric soundtrack.

Happy to have some Long Look exchange guys crew “our” ASLAVs or M1. :)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alistair.paul1/videos/105mmMG.wma something like this.

My cousin left Glasgow with a nice scots accent went to Sandburst and ended up sounding like all the rest of the officers! He retired recently as a full colonel :)

Mate, I can barely hear the speech. I turned the volume right up, of course not expecting the sound of a round being fired! Nearly deafened me! :)

And where would I fit in with my common Kent accent :biggrin:

Depends on Nils.

My accent isn't much different.....

We could have a west country soul for the radio chatter.

"Ooooh Aaaah I tink we've lorst another taaaaank!"

Notice the Pilar(w) microphone array. This is a shot detection system plugged into the fire control system. It can in automatic mode override the gunner to point him to the approximate source of incoming fire.

Not that useful when a major fire fight breaks out.....

the work that went into it is essentially the same as a new vehicle.

the model was built up from the bottom, completely new textures, and a new and vastly improved armour model was created. this took about a month of work.

Oh no no....I wasnt trying to discredit the awesomeness of the new model. Please dont get me wrong.

All I meant that I didnt know if the new model counted towards the so called '20 new vehicles' in the game, thats all.

Please. I appreciate all the work put in.

• Members
Hopefully they don’t have the same “issues” as the TerraSim ones, at least in 2.498

2.498... heh. That's so totally "last spring"!

Seriously though, we found and fixed the issue with the powerlines, so you Aussies will get that as well, and hopefully not too long after now.

• Members
That video shows all the tanks with the same number on them.will this be an option to change in the editor,So we can identify them within the platoon visually?

This is a stand-in until all vehicles are prepared for a visual ID system. For the moment, it isn't possible.

Ssnake,

Nice Ural model.

A totally unrelated question, but how much of an impact will the snow be for driving and troop mobility?

For example, in this shot below it looks quite deep. How will that affect ground troops, trucks and even tanks? Is it possible to get stuck requiring a tow? And can we set the depth?

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/sbgallery/main.php?g2_itemId=16555

Cheers,

Q