Ssnake

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I dimly remember a comment about new bunkers.. but not sure if they make it for this release..

There may be mirrors, and some of them might support multiple streams. In any case, each file won't exceed 100 MBytes in size, so it shouldn't be too hard, even with a less than optimal internet connection.

I wonder if it would make sense to set up a bittorrent tracker..

About arty: simple, no news.

Roger that.

Good to read that there may be "arty pieces in the 3D environment firing their own missions in real time" & "3D models" !

This will surely help to make the next upgrade after 2.5 as interesting as this one ...

? When could we expect that next upgrade: summer 2011,

or earlier ... ?

Got the newsletter.

2.538 now. :)

But still no “pre order now” link. The credit card is starting to glow white hot in anticipation. :D

Nice to see though that your “11th of August“ is the same as mine. Would hate to spend most of my 21st and into the 22nd waiting for it to be the 21st at the point of release.

Actually, there is no mounting plate on an M-1, there is only two bolts holes.

Mog

Ah well then there’s a fault with the graphic, as this:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/sbgallery/main.php?g2_itemId=16654

shows a circular plate with about eight bolts (some of which are obscured by the roadwheel itself). Either that or something else goes there.

But I don’t think its something worth holding the release up for. :D

This thread is like 80 pages and I admit to being too lazy to read through all of it.

May I inquire if the "save plan" feature has been fixed in upcoming paid upgrade? I missed that quite a bit from SB1 and didn't really like having to go into the editor to work around that problem.

Thanks.

I know everbody has their own personal ares of interest, but come on guys, give em a break!

This release is going to be without a doubt the biggest and best expansion of Steel Beasts ever! Why are we even thinking about a year down the road?

The sheer possibilities that have opened up boggle the mind and should be more than enough to keep us busy for a long long time!

I for one am a very satisfied customer. :)

Bravo to the esim team. Hope you scheduled some vacation time in after this release. You deserve it!!

Ah well then there’s a fault with the graphic, as this:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/sbgallery/main.php?g2_itemId=16654

shows a circular plate with about eight bolts (some of which are obscured by the roadwheel itself). Either that or something else goes there.

But I don’t think its something worth holding the release up for. :D

Mr Gibson appears to have a point. If you compare with the real tanks...

m1a1-ftvw.jpg

m1-tank-running-left.jpg

The four bolt-holes are present, but without the CITV mounting plate.

They are also present on the A1.

LAND_M1A1_High_Gear_lg.jpg

As a further piece of trivia, the use of the bolts for the mounting of roadwheels is officially prohibited. Just very few people seem to pay any attention to it. They're for installing the turret lifting eyes.

https://www.logsa.army.mil/psmag/archives/PS2009/684/684-05.pdf

NTM

Well tempted as I am to claim bragging rights for raising the first bug report on a version that isn’t even out yet, I’d rather not gain the title of “Mr Picky” for the next 12 months or so. :D

I’m sure it will resolve itself in due course and even if it doesn’t, it wont impact on the underlying simulation.

Well tempted as I am to claim bragging rights for raising the first bug report on a version that isn’t even out yet, I’d rather not gain the title of “Mr Picky” for the next 12 months or so. :D

I’m sure it will resolve itself in due course and even if it doesn’t, it wont impact on the underlying simulation.

hurr, i did remove that plate and bolts, but forgot removing the pattern left by the dirt.