SB Pro PE 2.5x - News

Ssnake

• Members
Give 'em time to get it right: much more enjoyable to get the "right" version rather than a " must be continually patched" version.

Thanks for your patience. I have to say though, this time it's not a question of last minute work on the game code as such. It's the web shop with its automated license update function that is causing the delay.

I will however see to it that we will upload at least a few parts of the installation files archive, and also the release notes within the next hours.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for your patience. I have to say though, this time it's not a question of last minute work on the game code as such. It's the web shop with its automated license update function that is causing the delay.

Mate, least your deserve for the work you guys put in on this.

I will however see to it that we will upload at least a few parts of the installation files archive, and also the release notes within the next hours.

Looking forward to the read and to download whatever becomes available whenever it does. :)

It'll be two parts of nine, each approximately 100 MBytes large. More will follow tomorrow.

Hi Ssnake,

Does this mean (in theory), you're planning to release 2 parts per day - effectively bringing us to Tuesday/Wednesday? Or will the web-shop problems be resolved much sooner?

Cheers,

Q

To answer your second question.

As 2.538 neared completion, they "stopped" the web store so that there wouldn't be confusion about people buying version X two days before version Y came out.

2.538 is almost out and once it is fully published I have no doubt that the web store will be back up and running again (if only so that those of us who have already downloaded parts of it can purchase the license required to buy it once all the downloadable segments are published).

Your case is different as you need to order the physical package because that will include the USB dongle that you need to run the software.

But again you will be able to buy your copy once the store is back up and running again.

So I'd suggest checking the link every few days or so and place your order once its working again.

• Members
Does this mean (in theory), you're planning to release 2 parts per day - effectively bringing us to Tuesday/Wednesday? Or will the web-shop problems be resolved much sooner?

It means that as soon as I post part 1 the web shop is up and running again. Or - in other words - I won't post part 1 before I have tested the web shop and seen with my own eyes that everything works as intended.

• Members

You can't unzip before you have all parts, at least not properly. Let them just hang around in that temporary folder until you have part 1, and then it's a self-extracting archive. Which means that some virus scanners might scream alert, or that they may delay the unpacking until after they have scanned the 850 MBytes (which might take a few seconds).

Anyway, the important message here is, leave the RAR files alone for the moment.

In other news part three should be made available tonight, and there's reason to believe that tomorrow might be the day.

In other news part three should be made available tonight, and there's reason to believe that tomorrow might be the day.

Great, now I won't be able to sleep, just like day before x-mas!

Nice to see that progress on the store is going forward though!