SB Pro PE 2.5x - News

Ssnake

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today's special is the Lemur remote weapon station, shown here on a variety of vehicles.

* "Piranha IIIH and IIIC next to each other": http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/sbgallery/main.php?g2_itemId=16534

-> Is the only difference between IIIH and IIIC: no Lemur & no Pilar for IIIC ?

* ASLAV-PC also has Pilar now

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/sbgallery/main.php?g2_itemId=16525

-> Is there also still a version in SB without Pilar ?

... 3 more crewable vehicles ...
One of the biggest game changers probably is the addition of walls, both collapsible and impenetrable as well as ... well, I'll keep that as a little surprise for last. It's really super (< Tanknet).

Wow !

Koen - I think the Pilar system is part of the Lemur package. So you see it installed as an option for Lemur, since its function is to auto-aim the system at incoming fires. A Pilar by itself wouldn't do much.

-> Is the only difference between IIIH and IIIC: no Lemur & no Pilar for IIIC ?

I found this online as a possible answer:

The Piranha IIIH was originally produced for Denmark and is not amphibious. Besides automotive differences, the H version is 3 cm longer than the standard III and has the highest level of protection of all the LAV series vehicles due to a composite armor suite.

http://www.warwheels.net/Piranha3H_8x8APCINDEX.html

• Members

Lemur can come without Pilar, but in SB Pro Pilar cannot be mounted without the Lemur. In fact, most vehicles in real life come without this shot detection system; it's a relatively new piece of equipment. Both are independent from each other (Pilar could in principle be adapted to other fire control systems as well). After we received the order to add this to SB Pro I accidentally bumped into the manufacturer of the Pilar system on an exhibition...

They are now using SB Pro to demonstrate how it ties into a fire control system.

For today, we have prepared the Czech T-72M4.

• Members

It wouldn't. Pilar needs two pressure waves to trigger - that of the bypassing (or impacting) projectile, and the muzzle blast.

Obviously a subsonic projectile fired from a gun with suppressor would be hardest to detect - but then the attacker needs to be very close to his target, which negates the stealth effect to some extent.

Thus this is the T-72 appearing toward 1987 and 1988, some wargame indicating T-72 with reactive armor. Cold War scenario 1989 !!!

It seems that the skins are much improved, are the old vehicles have been improved especially Léopard 1 ?

Since we have those great looking T-72 with high ressolution skins and template, is there any chance we get a "better" Leopard 2E "template/Skin".

That mighty Leopard 2E MBT (or the 2A5) still does look pretty poor compared with high quality models like the M1 or the Leo 2A4 for instance.

Would be a great upgrade to have. :smilelove-1:

• Members
How much will the new upgrade cost?

It depends. I don't want to preempt the official announcement, but we will offer a $25.- download only upgrade, a $30.- download plus DVD version. In addition those with secondary licenses may upgrade the secondary licenses for $5.- each. The exact procedure will be announced, so hold tight and don't bombard me with your inquiries just yet.