SB Pro PE 2.5x - News

Ssnake

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The new tanks/vehicles/buildings are looking very nice indeed. Looking forward to the upgrade.

Have one question: If Im right I have seen in the past 3D interior of the Leo2A4. Will this be in one of the upgrades? Need to ask this cause the A4 is my favourite lil tanky :D Cheers!

You are mistaken.

Ok, perhaps I havent seen any 3D interior of the Leo2A4 but there was talking about it. Two years ago or so. I think Dejawolf had a version almost ready to go. And a person called Ssnake told us there will be one in the future. :) But I guess it is cancelled then. No worries. Im happy what I see :)

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=6948&highlight=3D+interior

Ok, perhaps I havent seen any 3D interior of the Leo2A4 but there was talking about it. Two years ago or so. I think Dejawolf had a version almost ready to go. And a person called Ssnake told us there will be one in the future. :) But I guess it is cancelled then. No worries. Im happy what I see :)

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=6948&highlight=3D+interior

The power of the internets! LOL

Thank you for the frequent updates, Ssnake. I'm very excited about this update...very significant I think, with the new armor. They all look great and I'm sure will sound just as great. M1A2 is awesome...I just know it'll be crewable one of these days. As for the retro vehicles, I'm quite excited about them too.

I've been craving to put together NATO vs WP scenarios based off of novels and wargames but I keep hitting a snag with the force mixture and timelines. With the addition of the M60, M1, T55, and T62, I can definitely try to create scenarios based in the eighties period. Unfortunately, there will be no British presence since the Challenger 2 becomes irrelevent. If I try to create something contemporary where Leo2A5's and Challenger 2's are available, the M1A2 remains uncrewable and the M1A1HA seems outclassed. Moreover, the French have yet to make an appearance. As I've mentioned in the past I almost exclusively play with the Abrams but it would be a dream to fight alongside "exotic" allied armor, if time periods and availability permits.

So, while I think this update is a huuge step towards my ultimate tank sim, I'm still looking forward to future updates where the superpowers can lay all their major toys on the map from any given period from the eighties and nineties, where NATO vs WP scenarios are still viable.

Keep up the great work! Looking forward to purchasing the DVD...

• Members

Well, of course a model of the 2A4 interior exists, and I think I have found a good opportunity to see it added over the course of the next nine months. I expect it to be in the next upgrade unless my little conspiracy will be foiled. Which is always a possibility.

• Members
Today's news isn't exactly "new" - but these M1A2SEP pictures haven't been shown before.

Very interesting to see the thermal identification panels working! Will the M1A2SEP be the only vehicle featuring them?

I'm wondering a bit why the A-frame on the A2 is so lit up in thermal view.. isn't this just a big old piece of metal? Why would it be so much hotter than the glacis?