SimHQ SB PRO PE Mission Making Contest

Retro

I'm pretty sure we will get a OK response, (I'm hoping for at least 6 missions, prefer about a dozen, we will see). We got a lot of fans of the simulation too...sure not nearly as many as "the official fansite", but were not trying to compete with a developer sponsored site anyway... were not a income gathering site, were a simulation fan site, therefore the prize is coming out of my own pocket... which I don't mind, We are what we are and I'm quite happy with that.

Thats why the contest is platoon based instead of anything you want... the goal/purpose is to 1) celebrate 10 years of the greatest armor sim in PC gaming history (IMO), 2) Gather platoon size missions that our group usually play, 1 to 8 SP and/or co-op... we don't do the big force vs. force events like Steelbeasts.com does, (which I would participate in if I didn't work Friday nights. lol). and 3) have fun and enjoy this great sim.

and just FYI... one of the rules is you have to be a SimHQ member, so if interested join first. ;)

• 5 weeks later...

No reason, just wanted to get help from whoever on here. But have been looking for a way to buy it for weeks. Thanks for the help!!! But so you are

telling me SB Pro PE is suppose to be for sale again in a couple of days on

there web site? Thanks Joey

Great, but I'm thinking its has nothing to do with "Scenario Discussion", let alone the contest.

I've attempted to answer your second question at the location I quoted above.

If you have additional questions, can I suggest that it maybe best just posting them in the one location.

I've already stated the reason I put it on more than one post! I know I new to this forum, but have said nothing out of the way just wanted an answer. So you can take your arrogant remarks and you no what you can do with them.

SSG USA Veteran

Joey: :biggrin:

Contest over... canceled, only 3 submissions... guess you were right Tacbat, lol.

It's a shame thou... I remember not too long ago when members were part of a community for the game... now a days if you don't give away 500 dollar graphic cards, or 3K PC's... no one participates... not just this contest but other stuff I have seen lately, like people charging for their mods, not allowing others to share mods because it was "only for their group of friends" etc etc...

Oh well, lesson learned.

... So you can take your arrogant remarks and you no what you can do with them.

This might evoke a little less laughter if you spelled the word "know" correctly. The relatives of general ritalin boy are everywhere I guess...

Magnum, Im pretty sure that like Ssnake said, a contest soon after the release would be more popular. It could still be tied in as a celebration of the 10 year anniversary.

Mog

Magnum, I don't know about anyone else, but I myself am waiting for the update before I start making any new missions. As what Mog and Nils said, a contest after the release is likely to have more activity.

That is why I did not enter. Making missions, creative missions is hard work so why would I want to put in the time using an old version of SBPE when I'll want and need to change it in order to be able to use the new features with the update?

It was a poor timing now that the community has been silent until last few days. There'll be a buzz again with the new version and I for one will participate if there'll be a contest later on. :)

I think Zip and the other guys have it spot-on Magnum. I for one have not played for a year until this past week. However, I've been playing since SB was a baby and created many, many missions... I did have interest in the contest and came back here just now to get more details. (I first saw the post yesterday -- my bad for being out-of-touch :) )

Try again after the release of 2.5xx and you might be overly gratified at the submissions. I already have a tablet of mission ideas for the new vehicles and unreleased missions that might be ready with upcoming additions. I probably have a dozen unreleased missions I just keep tweaking and waiting for the right vehicle types or a bug fix (maybe more than one)... ;)