Mission Editor: How do you load infantry into APCs?

Dräger

Ok so I made a platoon of CV9040C's, and then made a platoon of infantry. Well actually I made one CV9040C the CO of a support Company(2 med113s, 2 repair113s). I made a second CV9040C the XO of the support company. How do I get load infantry onto the 2 CV9040? I tested the Misison and neither CV4090's had infantry riding inside.... so then I created the infantry platoon, and I'm stalled there...

Went through all the option submenu's on both platforms, couldnt find a 'mount vehicle' or 'load troops' in the Mission Editor.

Also, for the CV9040C what size inf platoon to you create? ie each APC can onlly carry so many infantry. Perhaps my inf platoon I created is too large and thus does not have an option to load the CV9040....

• Administrators

When you add a PC to the mission editor, its comes "pre loaded" with troops. Theres no way to change how many troops are in there, or what their weapons loadout is. Its all hard coded for now. These troops have a special association with their pc, they can mount and dismount on command.

When you add seperate troops in the mission editor, you have full control over how many are in there, and what weapons they carry. But those troops cannot mount any of the pcs.

Theres no real "official" dismount command in the mission editor, but when a route is on slow speed with engage (and probably scout as well) tactics, the troops will jump out and move along with the pcs on foot. The behavior of the troops has become a bit more sketchy in the beta with regards to mount and dismount, so hopefully there will be some time to resolve that in the near future....

Also co and xo are 'command' vehicles and not section vehicles, so within SB Pro are not currently modelled with a dismount element, even if IRL the command element could perform dismounted observation or operate with his dismounted/dug in infantry element, leaving the vehicles under the command of a more junior officer.

Also co and xo are 'command' vehicles and not section vehicles, so within SB Pro are not currently modelled with a dismount element, even if IRL the command element could perform dismounted observation or operate with his dismounted/dug in infantry element, leaving the vehicles under the command of a more junior officer.

In the swedish army the Co has some radiooperators back in his CV90. In some cases he got a rifle soldier to protect him when he dismounts. But not a squad or a element able to do any infantry duties outside the vehicle. The Co dont leave the CV90 unless it´s absolutly critical.

In the swedish army the Co has some radiooperators back in his CV90. In some cases he got a rifle soldier to protect him when he dismounts. But not a squad or a element able to do any infantry duties outside the vehicle. The Co dont leave the CV90 unless it´s absolutly critical.

Back in 03/04 a scanian CV90 coys L1 and L2 (Co and Xo) had 2 Forward observer signaliers and 2 Mech Squadleaders with 1 MG (Ksp 58) and 2 P-skott M/86 each, along with the normal TC of the vehicle who are TC when the Co/Xo leaves the vehicle so in total 5 man per L vehicle was in fighting from the hatches, that makes enough to do mounted combat in the CV90 atleast (they where off the vehicle and fighting a few times, atleast the L2, not so much the L1, they only did mounted combat)

/KT

• 2 weeks later...
The behavior of the troops has become a bit more sketchy in the beta with regards to mount and dismount, so hopefully there will be some time to resolve that in the near future....

Could this explain a problem I encountered with the beta this evening?

On testing a scenario I found that not only were the mech infantry squads being shown as half teams rather than full squads (ie: 2 units of infantry per IFV displayed on the map instead of the old 1 for 1 display prior to the beta), but on issuing movement orders (right, cluck, new route, engage etc), the infantry weren't being loaded prior to the platoon moving out (IFV's were moving off and leaving the infantry behind. Infantry made no move to return to vehicles), and being under AI control there was no way for me to manually order the troops to mount.

I haven't had time to check but could this be to do with the new "begin scenario battle ready option" that's available in the context menu for each unit in the editor now? And if not is there a way around it?

• 3 months later...

So, reading all this: am I right in thinking that setting up an airborne assault like the ones in the tutorials is a question of setting a waypoint where the helos touch down, and then spawning infantry at that point? Am I also right in thinking that infantry squads can't travel in Urals? (First time trying out the editor. Spot of teething trouble.)

You're on the right track. For an air mobile assault, I routed my choppers to specific end points, and had them wait there for 10 seconds before heading home. For the infantry, I made them spawn using custom regions at the various landing zones using a "spawn if friendly vehicles in region X are greater than 0". That way when the choppers arrive in the landing zone, the infantry will appear.

You could use the same setup for Urals because the infantry squads don't travel in them.