Troop Damage

Retro

• Moderators
Prompted by a post by Ssnake in the 2.5 thread I was looking at the "Troop" damage setting.. to me it looks like this setting is not implemented in the current version (since all PCs I tried still were able to unload troops), am I correct?

Yes, I think that is a bug in 2.483 that *should* be fixed in 2.5x (barring some sort of disaster of course). Still, if you make a vehicle blind then it will not have troops - which is what you would want to do with civilian vehicles (if that is what we are talking about).

• Members

Thanks for your answer. I was not only concerned about civilian vehicles; removing troops from APCs would also be of interest for testing purposes.

However now I'm confused about your "blind" comment - does this only apply to cars in the new update, or to vehicles in general? And why would a lack of troops be coupled to the "blind" flag? If anything, "impotent" might be more suited.. which brings me to the next question - will "impotent" vehicles contain "impotent" troops in the new update (IIRC right now they're quite potent)

• Moderators

All I can guess is, Blind PCs do not dismount troops because what would be the use of blind troops coming out of blind PCs? I suppose someone could make sense on some sort of use for them, but that is essentially a way to ensure that non blind troops don't come out of blind PCs (it has been the approach since SB1, so I doubt that will change), and it was originally created like this to allow static vehicles to be created so that a static PC (ie. in a motor pool) doesn't pour out troops when hit. This applies to all vehicles, not just civilian cars, I was only saying that you can make civy cars blind to remove their troops because I thought that was the context in which you were asking.

As far as troops in Impotent PCs not being impotent, well, you might want to check that again as I am not seeing it. Then again, it might have been fixed since 2.483 - but either way I am not seeing them behaving as such.

• Members
As far as troops in Impotent PCs not being impotent, well, you might want to check that again as I am not seeing it. Then again, it might have been fixed since 2.483 - but either way I am not seeing them behaving as such.

Yeah I rechecked and they're indeed impotent (SB-wise). Sorry for the false alarm.