Found a good source for Afghan missions

Sgt_Anzac

To begin with. im NOT posting this to start a debate about if its right or wrong that the intel was leaked. The cat is out of the bag, and there is nothing we can do about that.

And if the intel is there why not use it? Please, if you want to rant about how good, or bad the leak was, take a deep breath, go to Ground Zero and start a thread about it there.

In this thread i think we should discuss how to use this data to make better missions, and perhaps post interesting finds.

Link:

http://wardiary.wikileaks.org

In the left column of the page there is several "browse by" links, clicking one of them opens up a more wide range of topics.

I would like to think the operators of this site would not allow the posting of links to classified intel posted in disregard for United States law, regarding current military operations.

The source of this information is under arrest by military authorities, and the operator of the website is wanted by the US.

Mog

• Members
I would like to think the operators of this site would not allow the posting of links to classified intel posted in disregard for United States law, regarding current military operations.

The source of this information is under arrest by military authorities, and the operator of the website is wanted by the US.

I understand and share the sentiment, but the Djinn is out of the bottle and won't go back in just because we don't post the link here. You could just as well demand that Google and other search engine company managers be put on trial because they provide links to Wikileaks.

In fact, I think that this "scoop" by Wikileaks will accomplish little to debunk Pentagon and NATO statements about the war and be incredibly harmful for future operations. I would even go so far to call it treason, even though the Wikileaks guys may get away with it. At the very least it definitely is irresponsible. Still, it's out there and plugging our ears, singing songs, and closing our eyes won't make it go away.

Edited by Ssnake
bad, bad spelling

Mogwa and Ssnake, i agree with you 100%, the information should not have been leaked. The information contained was classified (and still is, i guess) and leaking is both stupid, irresponsible, and from the looks of the info i have studied not that big a scoop. The big difference between the reports and previously published information on the incidents is that the information is raw, not re-writen by media to be understood by the average joe.

There are also some more information contained, like what kinds of weapons were used by insurgents, what kind vehicles where used etc. This is why i posted the link.

I understand that this information might be used both by world media and insurgent elements in Afghanistan to hurt the effort there. And it was leaked for all the wrong reasons. My personal and very strong opinion is that this is a truly sad thing.

But lets be realistic, the link i posted and information contained, have been published on the front page of 3 of the largest newspapers in the world, downloaded and spread around the world on p2p networks. The information might still be classified on paper. But anyone who want it will have no problem finding it. Not posting it wont stop it from getting into the wrong hands.

For the newer members that came aboard this site, and are in want of scenario-idea's:

* Links to digital versions of "The Bear Went Over The Mountain" and "The Other Side Of The Mountain":

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=13159

* And also an interesting source for scenario-idea's:

"66 Stories of Battle Command" - straight from the NTC

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=13086

Rgds, K

Edited by Koen

A a note for any of you who want to make a mission mimicking a situation that you glean from the reports.

It's a mix of operational and low-level intel information - a kind of news ticker for the theater. As a result, a lot of the reports turn out to be wrong or incomplete. Therefore, the information contained in this should be taken with a huge grain of salt.
http://turcopolier.typepad.com/sic_semper_tyrannis/2010/07/hoe-did-he-do-it.html