A question for the UK simmers

murkz

No luck today, I am getting more than a little concerned now.

Might be worth contacting eSimGames (or via Ssnake), and ask if they have a US tracking number and see if it left the country, and not held up at their end.

Also from eSim: International orders are shipped via US Postal Service air mail. Transit times are typically 5-10 days, but can be longer if held in customs. Some locations might levy extra customs taxes or fees, which we cannot predict, and which you are responsible for. Call your local customs office for information.

If it has left the States contact Customs here, I think this is the right no. 0845 010 9000 - but ensure you have as many tracking no's, references etc. from eSim before you call.

Here's the website with more info: http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kbroker/hmrc/contactus/search.ladv?sr=0&as=1&cs=ISO-8859-1&sc=hmrc&sf=&sm=0&nh=50&ha=34&tx0=21&fl0=contactid:&tx1=&raction=view

Hope that helps.

Q

Thank you for your order! Packages almost always ship within one business day, and shipping is done via US Postal Service (with no tracking number).

Thanks again Q, though this puts a dampener on the tracking number.

• Members

Let me state again, that

1. transit times may vary significantly, from under a week to more than six
  2. there's no way to track the package in transit
  3. we know as much as you do, once that a package has been picked up by the mail company
  4. few packages must actually be considered a write-off
  5. Therefore, please do not waste your and our time with daily inquiries before the four-week mark. If it hasn't arrived four weeks after your placement of order, please contact us directly, and we'll see to it to remedy the situation.

We regret transit delays as much as you do, but for us there simply is no practical and cost-efficient way to run things differently. Believe me, we have seriously looked into the whole issue. US Postal may not be performance leaders in many areas, but they are reasonably cheap and they pick up packages.

transit times may vary significantly, from under a week to more than six

Thank you for the reply Nils, a rethink of you're wording on the sales page needs to be considered.

Currently

Transit times are typically 5-10 days, but can be longer if held in customs

Revised

transit times may vary significantly, from under a week to more than six, do not waste your and our time with daily inquiries before the four-week mark.

I'm sure this will have no effect on sales.

• Members
Thank you for the reply Nils, a rethink of you're wording on the sales page needs to be considered.

Well, the typical case for the majority of customers indeed is 5-10 days. Unfortunately the distribution function of shipping times isn't a normal distribution (of the Gaussian type) but rather a Gamma function with a looong tail. The fraction of shipments exceeding 10 days is less than 50% for all that I can estimate, and that exceeding three weeks less than 20%, and for more than four weeks it's about 1%.

But I'm not sure how to reword the statement to remain succinct and still accurate. I'm sorry that you're one of those cases who is outside of the transit time bounds of the majority, yet most people most of the time get their package relatively quickly.