SB Pro PE - on Mac!

BlackIce

Is it fate, is it coincidence? The same day that my copy of SB Pro PE arrives, Apple releases Boot Camp!

I am now running SB Pro PE on an iMac with dual core Intel processor. 8)

SB is very, very fast, even at 1440x900.

Check it out: http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2006/apr/05bootcamp.html

This is fantastic. Now I don't need a new PC and can scrap the old one. I love my Mac! :heartpump:

bootcamp.jpg.21e59e7edec32f72622f8ae2bb3

bootcamp.jpg.21e59e7edec32f72622f8ae2bb3

Yes I know about the product “boot camp”. The issue is that you need to partition your drive with effectively a mac partition and a Windoze one. At startup you get a menu offering which to boot the machine from.

My concern is that partitioning the drive is hopefully a one off experience and I was wondering what break up he had made. I don’t want to cripple the Mac (which I use 98% of the time by giving Windows too large a partition and vice a versa).

I’m not sure its worth the hassle when there is a P4 at home that was bought just to run SB Pro PE.

Mark,

my HD has 250GB, so I wasn't too concerned about partitioning it. I gave Win XP 50GB of that, but will redo it, giving the Windows partition only 32GB.

At 32GB you can format the Windows partition without using NFTPS, thus making it readable and writeable under Mac OS. That should be plenty of room for Win XP, SB and maybe a couple of other games. You can probably get away with an even smaller Win partition on your MacBook.

Cheers,

BlackIce

P.S.: Shot, my earlier link takes you to the Apple article which links to the Boot Camp download.

• Members

Unlike NTFS, FAT32 has a few important limitations - a single file must not exceed 4GBytes of size, for example, and you'd be missing out all the other benefits of NTFS (user management, encryption, compression, ...). I'm pretty sure that there are ways to allow MacOS to at least read from NTFS partitions.

But all this aside, this is fantastic news. SB running on a Mac - who wouldda thunk!

• 3 years later...