General tank discussions

FletchRDG

Anyone up for a discussion on the real things, past experiences?

I think its really good to see so many people who are as enthusiatsic about tanks as you are. some friends and even family dont understand the great aspects of it. How far these machines have come along since beginning life as a tractor and the technology used today thats so advanced.

Hey Cpl Fletcher RDG eh.....I'm a Bdr in 88(arracan) bty and have supported your battle group for the last few years. I'm in of one of the FOO warriors so no doubt i've seen you around wether it being batus, poland or some shit CATT exercise in sennelager.

I'm just about going to order SB PRO PER and i can't wait. Keep it real dude.

Lenny1518.

ah 88 bty, from 4th Artillery regiment in Osnabruck?

My dad was based in munster for awhile before he got out. Its a really nice place is germany. Ive heard its all gettin moved out, the regiments i mean.

I may have seen u around though, did you use the tank sims in york barracks

Hey Cpl Fletcher RDG eh.....I'm a Bdr in 88(arracan) bty and have supported your battle group for the last few years. I'm in of one of the FOO warriors so no doubt i've seen you around wether it being batus, poland or some shit CATT exercise in sennelager.

I'm just about going to order SB PRO PER and i can't wait. Keep it real dude.

Lenny1518.

Hey Lenny

next time you are up in Catterick at CAST make yourself known to the Raytheon Engineers. They'll point you at me and we could have a chat.

Irish

Yeah fletch Germany is a nice place. Yeah thats it mate 4 RA in osnatraz( he he) The whole of osnabruck garrison is getting closed down, The germans will lose a lot of cash when that happens eh?

York barracks ? i can't remember that place though you'll have to jog my memory.

my lot are moving back across the water later this year when they get back from Afgan. Im in an ATR at the minute and its doing my head in, would've liked to have deployed out there with the rest of the lads and do my job real time again.

Irish i will do.

Yeah fletch Germany is a nice place. Yeah thats it mate 4 RA in osnatraz( he he) The whole of osnabruck garrison is getting closed down, The germans will lose a lot of cash when that happens eh?

York barracks ? i can't remember that place though you'll have to jog my memory.

my lot are moving back across the water later this year when they get back from Afgan. Im in an ATR at the minute and its doing my head in, would've liked to have deployed out there with the rest of the lads and do my job real time again.

Irish i will do.

york barracks in munster, the RDGs are moving out apparantly and to caterick Irish.

yeh the germans will loose alot of money lol, we do a hell of alot of shoppin. my dad was in tech then got moved to mess manager and then to the QM department. werent bad jobs really. I actually miss the greacy pizzas from the local bistro, absolutley swimmin in cheese greace lol

Hi

"do you remember anyone in the regiment called L/Cpl simon fletcher 105? "

Not sure. There was a guy in B Squardron I think. I joined 4th/7th May 1979 and left the Regt in May 1992 just before the amalgamation.

On the subject of Germans losing money. There was a guy in Detmold who ran a pizza shop called Fat Sam ! 99.9% of his business was Brit soldiers. He opened new premiss just before the Berlin Wall came down. He admitted that he'd struggle when the Brits pulled out of Detmold.

Regards

ah, my dad joined the regiment in 1987, when i was born. He may of been A or B Squadron then, workin on the 432's i think.

On the subject of Germans losing money. There was a guy in Detmold who ran a pizza shop called Fat Sam ! 99.9% of his business was Brit soldiers. He opened new premiss just before the Berlin Wall came down. He admitted that he'd struggle when the Brits pulled out of Detmold.

well the bistro near the RDG camp in Munster, has loads of buisness from us brits. it will be run down when the garrison closes, places like them will loose so much money unless they can replace those households quick. I miss them places, they make such good pizzas. Margaritas, peperoni, ham and pineapple, barbeque beef, all made so well and taste so good. lol dam i miss german food.