'Shoot Here' odd behaviour...

Quagmire

Hi guys,

In a scenario I had a couple of CV9035 DK's. Problem is, when I clicked on an icon in the lower right and chose 'Shoot Here' then put the white marker on the battlefield, the vehicle raised it's barrel to full elevation and the turret rotated very slowly in a clockwise direction.

Anyone else seen this? The second time around I jumped into the Commander's seat and there is a loud repeating 'clicking' sound that won't stop during the turret rotation.

They had full ammo so it wasn't a reloading sequence and no ammo was fired. They were sitting ducks!

Very odd...

Q

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Something I noticed is that units begin shooting after a fixed time rather than only when they have laid their guns on target..

Suppose you sit in a Pizarro, in the TC spot.. unbutton and look to 6oc, now instruct your gunner to "shoot here" at the 6oc position.. the driver will turn anti-clockwise, the turret clockwise, and the gunner will start shooting while the turret is at the 3oc position.. spraying his fire wildly around..

Oh and I guess it's not a bug but I'd really like to have hotkeys for these commands..

• Members
What good would a hotkey be, you'd still need to designate the area in the 3D environment with a mouse pointer.

It's a problem wherever the mousepointer is "captured" (e.g. in bino view) as, once you "uncapture" the mouse (because you need it to right-click on the vehicle icon in order to access the "shoot here" command), you cannot slew the view any more. Basically this means that this command cannot really be used on the move (for which, presumably, it was intended).

Besides, giving these orders takes a bit of time in real life as well.

That's a fair point. At least we don't have a "shoot left! the other left!" problem in SB modeled ;)

• Members
... once you "uncapture" the mouse (because you need it to right-click on the vehicle icon in order to access the "shoot here" command), you cannot slew the view any more. Basically this means that this command cannot really be used on the move (for which, presumably, it was intended).

Fair point. So the solution would be that you can still rotate the view while designating the target.