ASLAV-CS: What exactly is its function in this SIM?

Dräger

I've recently discovered this version of the LAV in game. CS is obviously Combat Support, however I haven't noticed it resupplying, or repairing any vehicles I park them adjacent to...

And I also noticed a 'Remote Targeting' function in one of it's submenu's... How does this function work?

An additional question on LAV's, why doesnt the '25 version carry troops? I rode in the back of one with 5 other guys a few times as an assault squad early in my career. If I remember correctly it sits 3 and 3. Seems odd in the sim it's not allowed to carry troops.

Thx in advance.

An additional question on LAV's, why doesnt the '25 version carry troops? I rode in the back of one with 5 other guys a few times as an assault squad early in my career. If I remember correctly it sits 3 and 3. Seems odd in the sim it's not allowed to carry troops.

Thx in advance.

Was that in the australian ASLAV-25 you road in?

because if I dont remember wrong the australian is to stuffed with water and supplys to allow any crunchies in. (thats why they have the ASLAV-PC)

Well firstly, "search" is your friend:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=10477&highlight=ASLAV+CS

But in summary.

We use two ASLAV variants. The Type 1 (or Gun LAV) and the Type 2.

The Type 1 is similar to the one you have ridden in.

The Type 2 is the APC and other variant hull (Command, Logistic, Recovery and Surveillance). It has no turret (apart from the remote weapon station that doesn't really count).

Our Recce Troops consist of 6 vehicles (4 x Type 1, 2 x Type 2). This is currently hard to replicate in SB Pro PE as they are considered two different vehicle types so you need to form two discrete units and move them together (same issue you have if you want to make a unit out of some M1's and Bradleys for instance). Normally they operate as a Tp of 6 or two patrols of 3 (2 x Type 1 and 1 x Type 2).

In our doctrine the Type 1 doesn't carry dismounts (that is what the APC variant is for). Whilst in theory if you chuck everything out you can fit people in there, its normally full of water, food (our vehicles have a fridge built in), medical stores, ammo, etc.

The ASLAV CS's role is Combat Support. In real life it carries fuel and other stores and there is a version fitted with a winch for power pack changes, etc.

In the simulation (as documented in the thread referenced above) it can be used to reduce repair times of vehicles, etc.

Did a little experiment with the ASLAV CS last night, apparently they do NOT resupply ammo. I parked an ASLAV next to a Leo2A4 that needed ammo, switched over to the Leo waited a minute or so and no resupply was conducted.

Brought up a HEMMT Cargo, 30 seconds later the Leo started resupplying ammo.

It appears to be a refueling platform.

ESIM any chance we could get a resupply or version of the ASLAV? I'm pretty sure most LAV companies have an LAV(no turret) dedicated for ammo resupply.

At the least there should be an ASLAV repair version. Perhaps you could allow the resupply version to tow other LAVs as well, though any tank or LAV can tow tank to tank regardless of their version. The ural has a crew of 2, can resupply AND repair. Seems logical to have an ASLAV version that perform one of those roles.

Is there a link, FAQ, or thread(I did a search with no luck) that lists all the support platforms, with descriptions on what each vehicle actually does in SB?

Good point, I'll give it a try now.

Ok, it does resupply ammo to the ASLAV25. Didnt appear to be carrying out any repairs.

Just used an edited tutorial, 3 ASLAV25, one w/dmg, one w/low fuel, one w/no ammo. Brought up the CS and jumped from vehicle to vehicle checking repair/resupply status.